HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Toothpaste

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Toothpaste   Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:10 pm

As I don't have access to a buffing wheel (the joys of renting) I was thinking of what to use to give my stems that little bit of extra shine when cleaning and removing oxidisation from them. After sanding with micromesh pads, I grabbed my smokers mixture toothpaste, the slightly gritty stuff, and gave the stem a good scrub then rinsed under warm water. It came up lovely and shiny, not as good as a buffer but I'm happy with the result. 

As an added bonus the above process works to clean sandblasts beautifully too. 

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Toothpaste   Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:29 pm

Yup, I even use tooth paste to restore old single edge razors to shine like new. Even removes rust but takes some elbow grease. Also a great chrome polish. Over 1001 uses for tooth paste cheers

Timbo, glad you also find tooth paste useful other than to brush your teeth....lol

YOU WONDER WHERE THE YELLOW WENT WHEN YOU BRUSH YOUR STEM WITH PEPSODENT

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Toothpaste   Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:41 pm

Lonecoyote wrote:
Yup, I even use tooth paste to restore old single edge razors to shine like new. Even removes rust but takes some elbow grease. Also a great chrome polish. Over 1001 uses for tooth paste  cheers  

Timbo, glad you also find tooth paste useful other than to brush your teeth....lol

YOU WONDER WHERE THE YELLOW WENT WHEN YOU BRUSH YOUR STEM WITH PEPSODENT

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Ted, isn't this the commercial with Bucky Beaver? Seem to remember this back in the day. Ya, I'm an old fart! Wink

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Toothpaste   Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:49 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Ted, isn't this the commercial with Bucky Beaver? Seem to remember this back in the day. Ya, I'm an old fart!  Wink

Youbetcha, you have a great memory.
The original...." you wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent ".

I used the word STEM to be puny..... Twisted Evil
Well, at least I got a good laugh!

By the way you can still purchase Pepsodent at Dollar Tree. It's the ONLY tooth paste that makes my teeth squeak after brushing.  It's that good still.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Toothpaste   Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:18 pm

Lonecoyote wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
Ted, isn't this the commercial with Bucky Beaver? Seem to remember this back in the day. Ya, I'm an old fart!  Wink

Youbetcha, you have a great memory.
The original...." you wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent ".

I used the word STEM to be puny..... Twisted Evil
Well, at least I got a good laugh!

By the way you can still purchase Pepsodent at Dollar Tree. It's the ONLY tooth paste that makes my teeth squeak after brushing.  It's that good still.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Actually, it's what I'm brushing with right now. About 2 bucks at my grocery store. Still works just fine as compared to all those higher priced brands. I get just as good an evaluation at my cleanings!

Cheers,

RR

OK, done with the hijax!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Toothpaste   Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:32 pm

Truly a universal polisher!

If ever I was detached on duty and forgot my metal polish, toothpaste was a great alternative for polishing the brass buckle on my RAF belt. Needed a bit muscle but it worked well. Smelt good too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Toothpaste   Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:06 pm

Cheers gents, at least with toothpaste, if you get any in the bowl its a lovely minty ghost for the first few puffs. Smile

It also polishes the nickel on my Pete systems well. Not as quickly as Brasso, but tastes much nicer in case of mishap. 

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Toothpaste
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Pipe Techniques-
Jump to: