HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:38 pm

The jolly old elf, Santa, was past here today also. Forgive the cluttered photo. I just shoved things around on my reloading bench to get a decent pic.

From C&D, Small Batch Sansepolcro & Super Balkan.
Dunhill Nightcap (Always a favorite)
Yummy Peterson Irish Flake, 1792 Flake, and Lakeland Dark.
Generous bags of Gawith Black Irish Twist, Brown Irish X, Dark Flake Unscented, McClelland 2035 Dark Navy Flake, a pouch of Murray's Warrior Plug (which is outstanding).

Goodies,(which I can never seem to find and decide upon myself),
Mandarin Green Tea
Butterfields' Peach Buds candy
Gillespie's Peanuts
Two bags of Salted peanuts from Georgia
Two different dark chocolate bars of a type unknown to me.
Moravian Sugar Cookies
Two "Durn Good" season
And a bag of fluffly, tapered, bristle, BJ Long pipe cleaners.

WOW! Thanks Santa! sunny

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:44 pm

Keep those eyes peeled. It was so windy here packages could have been blown down the street. I know that some have been delivered. Some are on the way. Some have not yet been sent. We still have a few days for mailing. And there may even be a few sneaky types taking advantage of the chaos cherry .

Ho Ho Ho! santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:21 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Thistleoak wrote:
Never tried No 79... have been threatened with it a few times. †I'm guessing I am gonna love it like my No 5! †

Supposedly what Hef smoked exclusively, Alex. What that means to you (or anyone) I have no idea! And now, here's a pic of a bunny with a pancake on its head-

jocolor

Cheers,

RR

Yeah, well I'm just loving the bunny with a pancake on its head. Laughing Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:26 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Thistleoak wrote:
Never tried No 79... have been threatened with it a few times. †I'm guessing I am gonna love it like my No 5! †

Supposedly what Hef smoked exclusively, Alex. What that means to you (or anyone) I have no idea! And now, here's a pic of a bunny with a pancake on its head-

jocolor

Cheers,

RR

My response to that bit of trivia and where I stand on it is this.... buffalo nickel to anyone who can correctly tell me it's name...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:28 pm

Carlos wrote:
The jolly old elf, Santa, was past here today also. †Forgive the cluttered photo. †I just shoved things around on my reloading bench to get a decent pic.

Generous bags of Gawith Black Irish Twist, Brown Irish X, Dark Flake Unscented, McClelland 2035 Dark Navy Flake, a pouch of Murray's Warrior Plug (which is outstanding).

Mandarin Green Tea
Gillespie's Peanuts
Moravian Sugar Cookies
Two "Durn Good" season

WOW! †Thanks Santa! † sunny

Carlos careful witth those peach buds..... super addicting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WandererOfWeirdPaths

Registration date : 2015-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:19 pm

Carlos wrote:
The jolly old elf, Santa, was past here today also. †Forgive the cluttered photo. †I just shoved things around on my reloading bench to get a decent pic.

Mandarin Green Tea
Gillespie's Peanuts
Moravian Sugar Cookies
Two "Durn Good" season

WOW! †Thanks Santa! † sunny

All the yums!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:01 am

My oh my, Santas, thatís quite the *puts on sunglasses* flurry of activity.

Just acquired the very last materials for my lucky tot, now I just need to find the time to wrap them up and hitch up the sleigh...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:56 am

Shipped this morning! Watch out west coast! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Scheduled delivery for Friday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:29 pm

Santa arrived this afternoon!!! santa
Thanks to Santa, you know me all too well!!! Razz
The package was nicely wrapped and well packed with the following:

2oz. Gawith & Hoggarth "Balkan Mixture"
2oz. Cornell & Diehl "Star of the East"
2oz. McClelland 2030 "No.1 Grade Balkan"
2oz. Kramer's Shop "Father Dempsey"
1oz.Cornell & Diehl "Dark Fired Kentucky"
1oz. Cornell & Diehl "Latakia"
1oz. Cornell & Diehl "Red Virginia Ribbon"
1oz. McClelland "Blended Turkish Ribbon"
1 set each of BJ Long Pipe Cleaners (Regular and Bristle)

Thanks Santa, a very Merry Christmas indeed!!! santarendeersantarendeer

Last edited by DoverPipes on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:04 pm

Woohoo! Way to go Santa! Lot of good stuff there. And the elves at our favorite retailers make it so easy.

Keep up the good works!

Ho Ho Ho! santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:08 pm

tween you me and the fence post i hear santa has just left with a package
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:28 pm

Well done, Santas! santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
WarlockBob

Registration date : 2012-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:32 pm

My secret Santa delivery ended up being a two parter - one arrived this past Saturday (with no confirmation from target), and the second half got sent away today, with a hopeful delivery of Friday...

My poor recipient is gonna get buried! I can't wait to see the results.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:35 pm

Came home to a fantastic surprise. Thank you Santa, a good number of these Iíve never tried (*), but wanted to. The rest are long time favorites. Iím sure this is the result of thorough recon, which makes it all the more heartwarming.

1 straight Mark Twain cob
2 oz tins of:
*G.L Pease union square
G.L Pease Haddos Delight
*Captain Earls Ten Russians
C&D Old Joe Krantz

*3.5 oz of McClelland Dark Star
*Jar of S.G 1792 (2+oz probably) dated 2011
*50 gr. S.G Perfection dated 2006
50 gr. S.G St. James Flake dated 2011
50 gr. Peterson University Flake
50 gr. Dunhill Navy Rolls dated 2010
50 gr. Dunhill Nightcap
3.5 oz MacBaren Old Dark Fired
1.76 oz Peterson Irish Flake
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:23 pm

Those aren't just stocking stuffers, they're stocking busters--great work, everyone! Warms my cockles to to see so much holiday cheer up in this thread...even as I fear for those of us not yet visited as Krampusnacht draws down around us. If I don't post for a while y'all will know it's cause I ended up stuffed in a sack, beaten with sticks, and thrown in the river.

Again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:32 am

Santa arrived over the weekend. Not sure if he got here Saturday or Sunday, lol. I just got around to opening the box and it is full of pipemaking supplies! I haven't had time to take pics yet. Heath had sinus surgery on Monday and I have been taking care of him since. For those of you who know him you know just how hard it is to get him to sit still for more than 3 minutes. I'll get some pics as soon as I can and get a list together of all the goodies!

Thanks Santa!!! I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com
glassjapan

Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:14 pm

Well my fellow North Carolinian Santa decided to blow up my mail box yesterday with a rich assortment of goodies. Let me say that i'm humbled by the generosity that's been shown, and very much appreciative for everything that was included. Here's a picture of the damage:

A delicious assortment of chocolates & candy canes that will be eaten up shortly! Some excellent Eastern Carolina BBQ sauce that'll fuel some state wide rivalries on proper pulled pork. And some most appreciated tobacco:

PS Luxury Bullseye Flake '13
PS Luxury Twist Flake ''15
McC Dark Navy Flake '15
Wessex Campaign Dark Flake '15
Orlik Golden Sliced '16
SG BBF '15
SG SJF '14
SG FVF '07 (!)
McC Rich Virginia Ribbon '09
McC Stave-Aged VA 35 Ribbon '14
Rattray's Marlin Flake '14

And the icing on the cake was this sweet straight grained plateau top pipe. So way over the top!

Many thanks to my not-so-Secret-Santa...may you have a wonderful Christmas and maybe a little paybacks along the way. And Happy Holidays to all playing along and taking such good care of one another!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:41 pm

Wow! Well done, Santa's. Glassjapan, do you know if your Santa made that pipe? Either way, it looks like a really great pipe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:06 pm

Seconding the curiosity about the pipe's provenance, and the admiration for it! Really great haul even not taking that beauty into account, and that definitely takes it to the next level. You must've been awfully good...or awfully careful not to get caught!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WandererOfWeirdPaths

Registration date : 2015-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:22 pm

That's a purdy pipe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:47 am

Santa has to use some two wheeled dollies to haul around some of those boxes! Just amazing! Very generous of you folks!

Santa still has some pickups and drops to make. The expected mailing date is tomorrow. I know one Santa who better get a move on.

Ho Ho hO! santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:03 pm

Uh, oh! That Jolly Old Elf got sneaky. He is a day early... someone is about to get bombed! Check those porches, a double-portion of holiday joy is fixin' to descend on you!!!

Checking this out further, Santa got confused... he somehow got the boxes separated, so it looks like one will be delivered today and then you'll get hit with a second wave tomorrow. No more peppermint schnapps for Santa! drunken santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:16 pm

every one has been more than kind and generous its been fantastic this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:23 pm

arkansaspiper wrote:
every one has been more than kind and generous its been fantastic this year.

I can honestly say, it's been like that every year I participated. This is a good forum made up of really wonderful people. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)   Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:38 pm

Took a lot of blood, sweat, and reindeer grease but my team of elves came through! Sleigh is loaded, gps is programmed, and away we go!

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Secret Santa 2017 - BOB's Tenth (Wow!)
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next