HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Alice's Restaurant and Happy Thanksgiving!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Alice's Restaurant and Happy Thanksgiving!   Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:48 am

Well, folks, it's Thanksgiving and you know what that means. So, while you're stuffing yourselves with turkey, dressing, ham, pecan pie, and whatever else is on the table, don't forget that you or somebody you might know might have some garbage to dispose of. And if you do, here's your yearly warning not to dump it out with anything that has your name on it, or you just might find yourselves in the same situation Arlo was in all those years ago. Happy Thanksgiving to everybody, and if you're eating out today, remember you can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant ('ceptin' Alice).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Alice's Restaurant and Happy Thanksgiving!   Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:13 pm

Quite the appropriate post! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Alice's Restaurant and Happy Thanksgiving!   Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Great stuff! An annual tradition to play that tune here...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Alice's Restaurant and Happy Thanksgiving!   Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:08 pm

I just watched this:

Interesting story about how Alice Waters screwed over Jeremiah Tower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Alice's Restaurant and Happy Thanksgiving!   Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:11 am

It's tradition in my house to make my two daughters endure "Alice's Restaurant" while stuck in the car with me for holiday travel. I had my youngest, grand-daughter and son-in-law in my car on Friday, when we went to a Christmas tree farm. The SIL had never heard the song and was not impressed....first comment, "its long".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Alice's Restaurant and Happy Thanksgiving!   Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:33 am

riff raff wrote:
It's tradition in my house to make my two daughters endure "Alice's Restaurant" while stuck in the car with me for holiday travel.  I had my youngest, grand-daughter and son-in-law in my car on Friday, when we went to a Christmas tree farm.  The SIL had never heard the song and was not impressed....first comment, "its long".  

Yeah, well it’s more an iconic cultural landmark than a good “song”. Can’t expect kids of a different generation to synch with it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Alice's Restaurant and Happy Thanksgiving!
Page 1 of 1