HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:42 pm

scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:04 pm

B Beagle...you been takin’ somebody else's Drugs again? Maybe Timbo’s! Nobody has won didlysquat yet. So stand down, mister.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:26 pm

OOPS.  I read your message wrong.  I thought you said he was correct.

I was in an alcoholic blackout anyway, so I am prone to do unexpected things like this.  (I've gotta lay off the heavy doses of Snapple)

My sincerest (sober) apologies BH.

BB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:05 pm

No problem.  Here, let me help you.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:40 pm

BriarBeagle wrote:
A few minutes of research should shed some light on the matter.  C'mon people!

Does no one else here like contests and prizes?!!!

I figured as per usual contest regs we're only allowed one guess per round, but just to assuage my curiosity I went poking around through the archives...and an hour later I may be a little wiser as to BoB happenings in general but not this item in particular! So much for a few minutes for this researcher :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:25 am

GrampaGrossbart wrote:
BriarBeagle wrote:

I figured as per usual contest regs we're only allowed one guess per round, but just to assuage my curiosity I went poking around through the archives...and an hour later I may be a little wiser as to BoB happenings in general but not this item in particular! So much for a few minutes for this researcher :/

Ditto! drunken Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:01 am

GrampaGrossbart wrote:
BriarBeagle wrote:

Clue #2: I did one of the most basic searches possible using the engine here. I used a single word search term. One result came up...the one that resulted in this contest thing. Anyone cycling through a couple of possible searches should find the answer in a couple of minutes. Just apply a little logic to it and you can win.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:16 pm

I too find the search feature to be most helpful
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:37 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
GrampaGrossbart wrote:
BriarBeagle wrote:

Clue #2: I did one of the most basic searches possible using the engine here. I used a single word search term. One result came up...the one that resulted in this contest thing. Anyone cycling through a couple of possible searches should find the answer in a couple of minutes. Just apply a little logic to it and you can win.

Haha yeah, nope, not this Luddite. I for one am looking forward to feeling very silly when someone actually cracks it and I see what was staring me in the face for the last couple days Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:15 pm

GrampaGrossbart wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:
GrampaGrossbart wrote:
BriarBeagle wrote:

Haha yeah, nope, not this Luddite. I for one am looking forward to feeling very silly when someone actually cracks it and I see what was staring me in the face for the last couple days Smile

Don't feel bad. I spent another half hour or so searching, even though I am ineligible. Laughing I guess we just don't know what search terms to put in, I have a HUGE list of searches that provided no helpful results. I'm guessing there are others too, we can't be that bad. scratch Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:03 pm

Another ineligible pilot discovered the correct answer...so it’s not at all impossible.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:14 am

Perhaps the deer that have joined the feeding roster with the llamas?  Wouldn't that make an interesting hybrid? I'm overran with those hooved locusts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:21 am

And we have a winner! Lesath hits the gong,,,snags the brass ring...gets a pie in the face...ooops, wait! Belay that last one.

Copied text from an Ozzie post in late June...

”Went out to feed the llamas and sheep, and while wandering about with the 'candy bucket' (Sweet feed) a bit ago I noticed about twice as many brown llamas. When I really looked, it turned out it was actually nine deer, in the paddock area, drinking and eating the alfalfa I had put out earlier. They were all watching me, and I just did my rounds. Before I could get out the gate, deer and llamas shared the evening treats together. One doe followed me out to the gate!”

Whew! What a relief. So Lesath, Congrats. Your prize will either be sent with your regular Christmas box or separately. Not sure at this point. Hectic around here with relatives due any day, finalizing painting the whole interior here (walls & trim) (curse you Chip & Joanna Gaines), last minute Christmas shopping/wrapping/mailing, getting food in line for a five day run, running this mission, doing the regular Bombing here, trying to figure one more contest out for this gig, getting stuff together for Christmas Eve services at church, getting ready to send our boy off to Tokyo, yadda yadda yadda. I know...excuses, excuses. But as you might guess I have little patience for guys whining about being too busy to send out one little monthly mission bomb. Everybody’s got stuff to do - just a matter of priorities.

Anyway...Lesath wins a very nice Charatan Prince and an aged tin of fine tobacco. Not too shabby.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:43 am

First in a series of excellent Christmas and other nostalgic images to adhere to our policy of being festive for the holidays...

Childhood Memories...Behind the Barn.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:09 am

Congrats, Lesath! Very Happy

I love that picture, Blackhorse!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:09 am

Ah, that lovely finish, and that unique bit...  Always room for a stray Charatan here.  Life is good in the BOB Squadron.  Just for your peace of mind, I promise not to sully it with latakia. Thank you very much.

Looks like I'm about to get P'd on affraid However, if I'm not mistaken, by my calculations, there might be a bit of ordinance on the descent phase.  They're going to be "wiped" out. Twisted Evil  Merry Christmas. santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:11 am

S Man: Yeah...Norman Rockwell.  There’s an “after” also that shows our boys lookin’ pretty green.  lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:15 am

I bet they went back for more. I remember my first green moment. Didn't deter me for too long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:26 am

Lesath wrote:
I bet they went back for more.  I remember my first green moment.  Didn't deter me for too long.

Mine involved carburetor spray from working on a lawnmower in an enclosed garage and white owl cigars that we "borrowed" from my friends dad. I have NEVER been sicker in my life! Puked my guts up and laid in a snowbank sweating my butt off. I swore I would never smoke again! Laughing I STILL have an aversion to cigars until today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:29 am

Mine involved chewing Kentucky twist. Talk about a nic hit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:29 am

Lesath wrote:
Mine involved chewing Kentucky twist.  Talk about a nic hit.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:57 am

Chesterfields.

No No No

Didn’t puke, but really wanted to.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:47 pm

Nice get, Lesath!

My own green moment came from an idiotic teenage bet that I couldn't smoke five Kools in five minutes. I won the bet...but as you can imagine, I was still the loser! Still smoked cigarettes for a few years after, but that was it for menthols. *shudders*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:05 pm

Nice prize, great memories!

The deer have thinned out after the great hunting season here. At some point I am thinking of putting up elk fencing and starting a refuge. Another neighbor is thinking of selling, that'll be another 20 acres adjoining.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

PostSubject: Re: The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission   Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:36 pm

Nothing quite like holiday excesses right before a flight. The primary device is ready for me to stumble my way to the runway in a drunken torpor if necessary. See you all over the target on the prescribed day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next