HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Where's my package?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Where's my package?   Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:57 am

I've been tracking a package that originated in SATX for several days now. I've never had any problems with USPS before. My package is now in Grafton, Wisconsin, and on it's way back to SATX! Somebody screwed up! And why can't it stop at the mail center in Columbia, Missouri? I just hope that my package arrives before the holiday, and in good shape! Tis the season!santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Where's my package?   Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:36 pm

Even on good days you just never know...

I've sent stuff to Alaska or Hawaii, three days directly delivered. But Portland Oregon the packages tour the breweries before landing. 2 day priority takes five and shows up hung over or still drunk. Stuff from the Carolinas or so go right past me to Kansas, do God only knows what and doubles back, torn open, retaped, and then dragged behind the stagecoach to my place. I feel your pain!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

PostSubject: Re: Where's my package?   Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:53 pm

Yup! I order from South Carolina and my packages go to the depot in KC, then on to Columbia, MO. Why can't they stop first in Columbia? The same with orders from Pensy, first to KC and then back this way. Or, if I order with UPS Surepost, they transfer the package to USPS in Sedalia. That takes an extra day! I think from now on, I'll stay away from December ordering and wait until the holidays are over to order. Maybe even wait until January!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ontariopiper

Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Where's my package?   Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:12 pm

The absolute worst for me is buying anything on eBay that ships though the Global Shipping Program.

I've watched packages ship from Detroit (an hour or so from me in Ontario, Canada) ship all the way south to Kentucky before turning around and coming north. Takes twice the time and twice the price and is probably eBay's best method of discouraging international sales. Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dadspipes.com
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Where's my package?   Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:44 pm

ontariopiper wrote:
The absolute worst for me is buying anything on eBay that ships though the Global Shipping Program.

I've watched packages ship from Detroit (an hour or so from me in Ontario, Canada) ship all the way south to Kentucky before turning around and coming north. Takes twice the time and twice the price and is probably eBay's best method of discouraging international sales. Mad Mad

That is because the huge UPS International Airport is in Louisville. I used to sell on Ebay and from a seller's viewpoint the Global Shipping was a godsend. I used to have to go through a lot of hassle on International shipping and I hated doing it. Ebay took the guesswork out of what is legal to ship overseas, filling out customs forms, and figuring postage. I understand why buyers sometimes don't like it, but for sellers it is a good thing, I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

PostSubject: Re: Where's my package?   Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:28 pm

I just checked my tracking again and the package came back to SATX, but is now on it's way to NOLA! WTHIGO(what the hell is going on?) I hope I get my package before the holiday. There is a pipe in there and I hope it gets to me in one piece.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Where's my package?   Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Corncobcon wrote:
I just checked my tracking again and the package came back to SATX, but is now on it's way to NOLA!   WTHIGO(what the hell is going on?)  I hope I get my package before the holiday. There is a pipe in there and I hope it gets to me in one piece.

Your wares are being sampled, no doubt. I've known it to happen before. Ten things get shipped, nine arrive unmolested, the tenth rewrapped half eaten....

Schnitzel happens when those elves are all egg nogged up... That's why the rum is always gone.........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

PostSubject: Re: Where's my package?   Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:50 pm

At last, I finally received my pipe, in good shape too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Where's my package?   Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:22 pm

Corncobcon wrote:
At last, I finally received my pipe, in good shape too!

cheers

And a story to tell!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Where's my package?
Page 1 of 1