HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

New C&D MM Cobs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: New C&D MM Cobs   Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:55 pm

Saw these†https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Missourimeerschaum/index.cfm?special=highlight&sortOpt=default&displayNum=48 and just had to purchase two of the cobblers. Lovely looking Rhodesian cob and priced right with nice stems etc.

Cheers,

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: New C&D MM Cobs   Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:54 pm

I got two of the gentlemen coming myself, with my next tobacco order. Iíve been hoping something like this would come along. Iím in need of work pipes all the time. I wanted to get a couple of forever stems to use for cobs, but you canít order them lately due to website issues. This works out nicely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: New C&D MM Cobs   Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:47 pm

Looks like the country gentleman is sold out already.

Jev, what kind of stem are you looking for? I might be able to whip up something for you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Jevverrett

PostSubject: Re: New C&D MM Cobs   Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:29 pm

I wanted a shorter black acrylic saddle bit to fit on a country gentleman. Sort of what might go with a lovat pipe shape. But walker sold their business to old log cabin, and they are working on the site before taking any new orders. Iím not a big fan of the Danish style of the stems they make, I prefer something a bit plain. I was thinking of cutting the shank down a hair, and making my own style lol. Looks like C&D beat me to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: New C&D MM Cobs   Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:52 pm

Jevverrett wrote:
...Iím not a big fan of the Danish style of the stems they make, I prefer something a bit plain...

You and me both, and not just on MMs. Thought I was alone. I loathe the style. Just a plain taper for me, on virtually any pipe. Occasionally a saddle bit "works" for me, but it's rare. One of my favorite MMs is a Dagner with the stem tossed and replaced with a longer tapered bit. It still sits, which is cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

PostSubject: Re: New C&D MM Cobs   Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:23 pm

Itís not just cobs for me either. Iím not a big fan of the style in general. Not sure why really. I had one bent Nording signature that had a more subdued Danish stem, which I didnít mind overly much. It was a great smoker... I miss that pipe sometimes haha. I mostly prefer saddle bits or tapered slightly.

On a side note, I didnít know Ozzy was making stems now
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New C&D MM Cobs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: PAD & TAD-
Jump to: