HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Brigham rock maple filters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Konrad_von_Marburg

Registration date : 2017-12-27

PostSubject: Brigham rock maple filters   Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Opinions wanted on these filters. Are they useful to use?

Thoughts? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Brigham rock maple filters   Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:18 pm

P&T mag once rated Brigham filters at the top in a pipe filter comparo. They are effective and can be washed and reused. Big Question: is a Brigham pipe with a filter better than one with no filter? Hmm. Iím thinking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ontariopiper

Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Brigham rock maple filters   Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:46 pm

As a guy with more than 40 Brigham pipes in the rack, I think the rock maple filters are quite useful. They don't impede air flow at all, and are very effective at extracting excess moisture from the smokestream. As has already been mentioned, they can also be washed (rinse under running water & air dry) and reused.

I always have a filter in place when I smoke any of my Brigs. If nothing else it keeps cleaning to a minimum (ever see the filter cavity of a pipe regularly smoked without a filter in place? Ick!).

Having said that, some of my favourite pipes are non-filtered, though they may be system pipes a la Peterson.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dadspipes.com
Fazby

Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Brigham rock maple filters   Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:05 pm

I use the filters in my one Brigham. As mentioned above, it helps with moisture. Then the pipe cools, I pull it out and let it air dry. I use a filter for perhaps ten smokes.

Where it shines next to say, a Savinelli filter, is that a pipe cleaner can pass through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Konrad_von_Marburg

Registration date : 2017-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Brigham rock maple filters   Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys! Maybe I'll pick up a Brigham to check out how the rock maples work.

cherry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Brigham rock maple filters   Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:30 pm

Here you go, check out these Brigham pipes...

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Brigham/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Brigham rock maple filters   Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:56 pm

Lemme add a point or two for your consideration: Iíve found thinner cleaners ó like Dills ó will not leave fibers in the rock maple filters. †Fuzzy cleaners may or they may not shed fibers, depending on the particular filter. †It doesnít take many fibers in there to affect the draw, Iíve found, and reapplication of a fuzzy cleaner may not be a sure cure for the clog. Also, I always enjoy old movies with leggy blondes and guys in classy suits, fedoras and classic shaped pipes, like Brighamís. †So I always feel more presentable smoking a Brigham, even when Iím taking a break from mowing the lawn while wearing my tattered chinos and stained John Deere cap. (Dream on, eh?) Finally, Iíve gotten very good buys on Brighamís in the SP estates section. Look in the mixed country of origin bucket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Brigham rock maple filters   Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:55 am

Of all the filter pipes out there I personally would rather have one that will pass a cleaner. There are just times when thats the only way to get an odd chunk of tobacco or ash dislodged from the airway and save your smoke. There are some really good looking Brighams out there too.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Brigham rock maple filters
Page 1 of 1