HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 TAD-I done lost my mind

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dolemiike

avatar

Age : 40
Location : orange county
Registration date : 2017-12-25

PostSubject: TAD-I done lost my mind   Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:47 am

I've gone a little insane in early 2018. I hope my wife doesn't find out. I'll be in big trouble. This isn't quite everything, but I'll just add to this thread with new pictures. Not pictured are: 500g Samuel Gawith Navy Flake, 700g Dan Tobacco Salty Dogs.








And some aged stuff too

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgtarheel

avatar

Age : 66
Location : The Tarheel State
Registration date : 2011-09-13

PostSubject: TAD-I done lost my mind   Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:20 am

HOLY COW!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

avatar

Location : North Coast NY
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:36 am

A little insane, yes, but apparently you know what you like. Most commendable. And good luck.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
daveinlax

avatar

Location : Wisconsin
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:53 am

Well, If one of the McClelland rumors I've heard lately come to pass there might be enough future upside in the 40th Anniversary to pay yourself back and then some for the whole order. Enjoy Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

avatar

Age : 45
Location : Laguna Niguel, CA
Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:08 pm

Well that should hold you over through the weekend. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
DrumsAndBeer

avatar

Age : 45
Location : Northern, CA
Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:41 pm

dolemiike wrote:
I've gone a little insane in early 2018.  I hope my wife doesn't find out.  I'll be in big trouble.

Well we'll know who to blame when they find the body. Razz

Very nice haul. The guilt must be a heavy burden though. I feel it terribly when I purchase more than a couple tins. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Navyflake

avatar

Age : 51
Location : Michigan
Registration date : 2017-06-01

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:04 pm

The Man knows what he likes! Nice haul!!!

affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Navyflake
ak2000

avatar

Location : NW Burbs Chicagoland
Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Just awesome!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.alphaprimecomm.com Online
dolemiike

avatar

Age : 40
Location : orange county
Registration date : 2017-12-25

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:01 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
A little insane, yes, but apparently you know what you like. Most commendable. And good luck.


funny (and a little scary)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

avatar

Age : 59
Location : Piedmont of North Carolina
Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:12 pm

As others have said, 'WOW!'

I recently got in 500g of Hal o' the Wynd as well as some of the Sterling Flake. I note that they've gone from a smaller rectangular tin to the round one -- I hope the blend hasn't changed as well (if any didn't already know, Sterling Flake is based on Peterson Irish Flake -- the rectangular tin was very like the old Irish Flake other than a slightly stronger casing -- as opposed to the Irish Flake in the round tin, which seems to be very similar to the older version but a bit milder in tobacco flavor and N
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:32 pm

Go big or go home! Well done mike.

cherry


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
dolemiike

avatar

Age : 40
Location : orange county
Registration date : 2017-12-25

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:56 pm

DrT999 wrote:
As others have said, 'WOW!'

I recently got in 500g of Hal o' the Wynd as well as some of the Sterling Flake.  I note that they've gone from a smaller rectangular tin to the round one -- I hope the blend hasn't changed as well (if any didn't already know, Sterling Flake is based on Peterson Irish Flake -- the rectangular tin was very like the old Irish Flake other than a slightly stronger casing -- as opposed to the Irish Flake in the round tin, which seems to be very similar to the older version but a bit milder in tobacco flavor and N

Does anyone know why everyone is switching to the round tins. Aesthetically, I like the way flakes look in the square tins. The Wessex dark flake tins were in the square ones, but the rest switched to round tins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

avatar

Age : 59
Location : Piedmont of North Carolina
Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:00 pm

dolemiike wrote:
DrT999 wrote:
As others have said, 'WOW!'

I recently got in 500g of Hal o' the Wynd as well as some of the Sterling Flake.  I note that they've gone from a smaller rectangular tin to the round one -- I hope the blend hasn't changed as well (if any didn't already know, Sterling Flake is based on Peterson Irish Flake -- the rectangular tin was very like the old Irish Flake other than a slightly stronger casing -- as opposed to the Irish Flake in the round tin, which seems to be very similar to the older version but a bit milder in tobacco flavor and N

Does anyone know why everyone is switching to the round tins.  Aesthetically, I like the way flakes look in the square tins.  The Wessex dark flake tins were in the square ones, but the rest switched to round tins.

I thout the Peterson change was because in the change in the manufacturer...but maybe producers are simply cutting costs by cutting down on the shapes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
monbla256

avatar

Age : 72
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:10 pm

That would last Jim Inks maybe two days! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dolemiike

avatar

Age : 40
Location : orange county
Registration date : 2017-12-25

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:16 pm

That would make sense about the shapes. This should last me a long time. A long long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:05 pm

dolemiike wrote:
That would make sense about the shapes.  This should last me a long time.  A long long time.

No schmidt!. I stopped counting at around 125, and some of those were larger tins/boxes/bags!

Shocked

In all my excessive ODO history, I've never even come close to this. Not ever. Not all at once, mind.

You are in a class all by yourself. And I sincerely hope your spousal unit doesn't emasculate you!

Suspect


Cheers!!!!!!!!!!


RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Corncobcon

avatar

Age : 68
Location : Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:07 pm

WOW! Now I know why everything is back-ordered! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WandererOfWeirdPaths

avatar

Age : 31
Location : Delaware
Registration date : 2015-01-26

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:19 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Ascension Parish
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:43 pm

That's an impressive haul. cheers

(I'm also fond of Wessex.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

avatar

Age : 53
Location : Mark Twain National Forest, MO
Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:53 pm

Oh my......... Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

avatar

Age : 69
Location : East of the Rocky Mountains
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:45 am

America could use more bold and brave men like you. No doubt the economy will register an uptick . Very well done! cheers

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

avatar

Age : 71
Location : Split between Raleigh, NC and OKC, OK
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:05 pm

A little overboard just to get free shipping, don't 'cha think!!!!! Razz Razz Razz A fine haul; enjoy it all!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

avatar

Age : 39
Location : Kentucky
Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:55 pm

AJ wrote:
America could use more bold and brave men like you. No doubt the economy will register an uptick . Very well done! cheers

AJ

Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dolemiike

avatar

Age : 40
Location : orange county
Registration date : 2017-12-25

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:40 am

This should be the last of it. I hope nothing else comes into stock on SP.com. I have a few tins coming from pipestud, but that should be it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slowroll

avatar

Location : Northeast PA
Registration date : 2017-05-05

PostSubject: Re: TAD-I done lost my mind   Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:34 pm

Must have been like 10 Christmastimes as a kid.  I feel a twinge of envy. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
 
TAD-I done lost my mind
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story
» NEWBORN BABY HAS LOST 1lb in 2 weeks....MILK NEEDED
» The Psychopathology of the Liberal Mind
» puolator lost my package...tracking #'s would be great.
» Sorry Baby, I Changed My Mind....

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: PAD & TAD-
Jump to: