HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Wee TAD

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Wee TAD    Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:49 pm

Small TAD, but mighty! Even better, it was free葉his was my prize for writing up a FAQ about aging pipe tobacco over on reddit. Very generous guy put the competition on, obviously悠値l say it again, the community of pipe smokers is really something special.

And I have some recent Royal Yuck open thanks to WandererOfWeirdPaths so one of these days maybe I値l sit down and try all three iterations in a row. We値l see if I survive!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Wee TAD    Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:53 pm

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Wee TAD    Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:54 pm

Ja, das ist sehr gut!

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
dolemiike

Registration date : 2017-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Wee TAD    Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:57 am

very nice indeed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cigrmaster

Registration date : 2012-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Wee TAD    Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Wow, major league score. That is some old tobacco you have there, I hope you really enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Wee TAD    Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:37 am

GG, don稚 believe everything you hear about Royal Yuck. I find I have no issues smoking 3-4 bowls of it in a row. Granted I知 not reaching for my biggest pipes when I do that. I知 not a nic fiend either so.... it may be a body chemistry thing ymmv.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Wee TAD    Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:12 pm

huffelpuff wrote:
GG, don稚 believe everything you hear about Royal Yuck. I find I have no issues smoking 3-4 bowls of it in a row. Granted I知 not reaching for my biggest pipes when I do that. I知 not a nic fiend either so.... it may be a body chemistry thing ymmv.

Jim

I went ahead with my trial by fire a couple days ago, and you're right, it definitely didn't hit me as hard as I thought it might. I think I'm blessed with a pretty high tolerance, and just to play it safe I contained myself to modest-sized cobs. A delicious experiment for sure! Don't have my notebook handy but some noticeable differences between the 87 and 95, as you'd expect, and then a big jump to the 2015, though still tasty as all get out--besides being sweeter yet softer, those older blends were almost black in color, too, unlike the lighter modern stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cigrmaster

Registration date : 2012-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Wee TAD    Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:19 pm

I have to admit that I still have not tried a tin of Royal Yacht. I have a pipe smoking buddy who loves the stuff and has hundreds of tins. I am going to put a tin in my cart and give it a go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Wee TAD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: PAD & TAD-
Jump to: