HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

I Couldn't Help Myself, Another Dunhill

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cigrmaster

Registration date : 2012-06-15

PostSubject: I Couldn't Help Myself, Another Dunhill   Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:01 pm

Pad is a merciless bitch who is always on my shoulder talking me into more pipes. So i was eyeballing this Dunhill another LB. It was advertised as a 1957-1958 pipe. My birth year is 1957 so I was all excited. He had make an offer so I of course low balled him and he accepted right away. I thought it was weird and when I checked with my Dunhill expert he told me it was a 1967 pipe.  I should have checked with him first but I didn't think the guy would false advertise.

Anyhow the pipe is on the way and if I don't love it, I can always send it back. I doubt I will because it is still a 1967. The pics of the pipe show it is excellent condition which the seller claims.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ak2000

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Help Myself, Another Dunhill   Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:09 pm

Niiiiiiiice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.alphaprimecomm.com
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Help Myself, Another Dunhill   Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:34 pm

They ain't making any more (pre-'69 or whatever). I'd keep it too. Very representative of the marque.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Help Myself, Another Dunhill   Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:51 am

Once again another oil-cured Algerian briar which is always wanted !! Nice, nice pipe for sure ! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Help Myself, Another Dunhill   Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:00 am

I agree with the date, it looks like a '67 that was sold in '68. The point is the 7 is the same size and in line with the England. I like the pipe, it doesn't look like a over restored workhorse. The little oxidation by the button says to my eye that it was not soaked, sanded and buffed. The rim looks very sharp and natural. The 9mm stem probably held down the price down but will smoke just fine with or without a filter or stint. The low shipping price would make me think he will ship it in a padded envelope and that would make me a little nervous. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
cigrmaster

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Help Myself, Another Dunhill   Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:09 pm

Thanks for the nice comments guys. I have smoked a number of 9mm pipes without the filter or adapter and they all smoked great. All my 9mm pipes were Winslows and I had some 6mm Sav's as well that smoked fine.

I agree that since they are no longer making 1967's, it will be worth keeping if its in the shape he says it is.

Who would send a pipe in a padded envelope from Germany? No way does that survive. I have been studying the Dunhill Date chart and it is confusing as can be. I have figured the system of numbers after made in England, but not number sizes and other nuances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Help Myself, Another Dunhill   Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:17 pm

Looks like you're on a roll there Harris. Another smasher of a Dunnie. Now I need to try and see if I can get as lucky as you on one of those pre-69 LB blasts!

bom

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Help Myself, Another Dunhill   Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:45 am

Ooooooh, you've got it bad!

Another cracker there, Harris. I do like the billiard. Such a classic shape.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://stickballard.wixsite.com/blog
cigrmaster

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Help Myself, Another Dunhill   Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:47 pm

Thanks guys, I appreciate the nice comments. I have it so bad. I have been scouring the internet looking for the LB shape. I feel like a junkie who needs his fix. lol Luckily I only will buy pipes in pristine condition for a certain price point. I have no ability to refurbish a pipe, so I can cross off so many right off the bat. If I was a pipe refurbish er, I would be buying all day and night.

I actually tried breaking the cycle buy convincing myself that I needed a Meer from IMP. So I looked at those for a while, put in an offer on one of their pipes on ebay and so far my offer has been rejected( luckily) I have not gone back to put in a counter offer. I probably won't as the pipe won't pass a fluffy pipe cleaner, only a thinner one.That is a big deal for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I Couldn't Help Myself, Another Dunhill
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: PAD & TAD-
Jump to: