HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Jim's Peretti Cambridge Flake Review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Jim's Peretti Cambridge Flake Review.   Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:08 pm

The woody, earthy, leathery, rather floral, sweet and sour, mildly spicy, nutty Oriental/Turkish take a little of the lead over the other components without dominating. The smoky, woody, musty sweet Cyprian latakia takes a secondary lead over the fermented dark fruity, tangy citrusy, earthy, lightly grassy Virginias. They also sport a slight stewed fruitiness. The Virginias are obviously made by McClelland, and the “vinegar” notes, as small as they are, last to the finish. The strength is just short of being medium while the taste level is medium. The nic-hit is in the center of mild to medium. No chance of bite or harshness. Burns cool, clean and a little slow as flakes tend to do, with a mostly consistent, fairly rich, complex and nuanced sweet and savory flavor from start to finish. Leaves little moisture in the bowl, and needs some relights. Has a pleasantly lingering after taste. Can be an all day smoke for the veteran.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Peretti Cambridge Flake Review.   Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:37 pm

The Virginias are obviously made by McClelland's?

That's a shame. I mean it's great for the blend, but just how available will this product be?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Peretti Cambridge Flake Review.   Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:22 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
The Virginias are obviously made by McClelland's?

That's a shame. I mean it's great for the blend, but just how available will this product be?

There's no fair way to answer that question. I can only say that if you want to try it, go ahead. If you like it, then you know to buy it as soon as you can just in case it disappears.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Peretti Cambridge Flake Review.   Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:34 pm

Cambridge Flake is one of my "favs!!" Fortunate to have a goodly sized jar of it (from 2009) in the ol' cellar. I agree with dang near all of Brother Jim's comments except for the "vinegar" ones!! My ol' smeller ain't what it used to be, I fully admit. But I just don't pickup any "vinegar/ketchup" notes in my jar. But that's probably just me!!! The stuff is wonderful!! FWIW!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Peretti Cambridge Flake Review.   Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:41 pm

Well, like wow, man. Between Jim's rather exhaustive description and fighterpilot's endorsement one almost has to place this in the next order to the Peretti tobacco bordello. I know I definitely will. What, if anything, does this tobacco lack, unless you want a nicotine sledge to the back of your skull?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaWarrior

Registration date : 2015-10-19

PostSubject: Nicotine sledge to the back of the skull.   Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:26 pm

Please sledge me with nicotine to the back of my skull.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Peretti Cambridge Flake Review.   Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:27 pm

Always wondered how close Cambridge is to Matured Cake 2020. I really like 2020 and smoke it frequently. I never bought Cambridge due to the fact that there are folks that say it’s 2020 renamed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Peretti Cambridge Flake Review.   Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:10 am

AlphaWarrior wrote:
Please sledge me with nicotine to the back of my skull.

Indeed!

Though yah, it sounds pretty tasty. Thanks for the review Jim. IPSD is coming! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jim's Peretti Cambridge Flake Review.
Page 1 of 1