HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

War Horse Bar

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: War Horse Bar   Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:54 pm

I'm smoking the Ready Cut now in a cob. It doesn't seem all that strong, and the scent is more like bad B.O.! Hmmm, is there ever any good B.O.? Shocked And, if you are thinking what I think you are thinking, I took a shower this morning. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: War Horse Bar   Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:13 pm

I like the Ready Cut myself. It has a bit of flavor but not so strong that it distracts me when I'm doing something else.

Btw, the guys who brought back the War Horse bar told me that belladonna and creosote were in the original formula. Obviously, they can't use those today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: War Horse Bar   Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:31 pm

JimInks wrote:
I like the Ready Cut myself. It has a bit of flavor but not so strong that it distracts me when I'm doing something else.

Btw, the guys who brought back the War Horse bar told me that belladonna and creosote were in the original formula. Obviously, they can't use those today.

Was that Russ Oulette?

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: War Horse Bar   Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:51 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
JimInks wrote:

Was that Russ Oulette?

No, that was Simon and Dan from the Standard Tobacco Company, although Russ certainly knew what was in the original. They had chemists analyze the original to determine what was in the old War Horse. I was their crash test dummy/taste tester for these blends, and the original War Horse was still mighty potent.

Smoking the original and remake back to back in an egg shaped meer made me mighty mellow! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walkman

Registration date : 2017-09-23

PostSubject: Re: War Horse Bar   Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:53 am

JimInks wrote:

This is one time when I'm glad that the new stuff isn't exactly like the old stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blendtobac

Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: War Horse Bar   Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:33 am

When I saw the breakdown of the analysis of the original War Horse Bar, I was shocked. I couldn't believe that even back in the day that they would be allowed to use some of the ingredients. It was a real challenge to try to capture the essence of the original while avoiding those elements that we couldn't use today, and also the ones that I would never use, even if I could.

Russ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LFOD

Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: War Horse Bar   Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:08 am

Being a cigar guy with a predilection towards heavy ligero content Nicaraguan sticks, I really need to buy a tin of this and give it a try Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: War Horse Bar   Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:57 pm

I will definately have to give that a Try! Sounds fantastic!

Zach

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trout Whisperer

Registration date : 2018-02-21

PostSubject: Re: War Horse Bar   Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:15 pm

This is good stuff! I ordered it on a whim and am pleasantly surprised with the balance of smoke and earth with the sweetness. I noticed liquorice and perhaps molasses from the tin and was concerned it would be too sweet.

This is also my first experience with dark-fired Kentucky. I need to try other blends to gauge whether I like it, but I certainly don't hate it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

War Horse Bar
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2