HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Nearly perfect.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Nearly perfect.   Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:28 pm

My lucky day. Just got a Jin Hao 8802 Analone Shell with what they call a fine nib in. Wow! Aside from the good looks and the decent build, the NIB on this thing is very much like the one on my Pilot Custom Heritage 91 with its soft medium nib. Except itís not springy. But the smoothness, the wetness, the wide sweet spot and the flow are all there. I inked it with Iroshizuku Ku Jaku which is a lovely Teal that goes well with the blue-green Abalone. The build is solid, the heft is right on, it came with a decent converter...but itís all about how it writes...right? And this particular one writes like a dream. Fourteen bucks...delivered by Prime. Yup. Given the odds yea or nay re getting a really great nib on a Jin Hao...yuppers. †Absolutely. My lucky day.

ETC., ETC., ETC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Nearly perfect.   Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:45 pm

That is a handsome writing tool. Congratulations on the score. Sounds like you are a satisfied customer. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Nearly perfect.   Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:05 am

BriarBeagle wrote:
That is a handsome writing tool. †Congratulations on the score. †Sounds like you are a satisfied customer. cheers

Yeah...it looks nice...it balances well...but itís the nib that makes it. In my experience after having bought maybe fifty Chinese pens, lots of them Jinhao, the odds of getting a nib (and thus a writing experience) like this are pretty small. I got lucky.

I mean, itís not a huge gigantic deal...but itís nice.

ETC., ETC., ETC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Nearly perfect.
Page 1 of 1