HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

A little confused

Go down 
AuthorMessage
oreodiane

Registration date : 2018-03-14

PostSubject: A little confused   Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:20 pm

Good Afternoon,

I recently bought samplers of Lanes RLP6 and 1Q. I thought that maybe one of them would not be as goopy as Captain Black, which I like. The 1 Q misses it by a mile, the RLP 6 is kind of close. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
John
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: A little confused   Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:58 pm

I believe that 1Q is CB Royal, RLP-6 is CB, BCA is CB Dark and I think HS-3 is CB Gold. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: A little confused   Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:43 pm

If I encounter "goopy" tobacco, I like to dry it out a while before I smoke it. Sometimes I dry it overnight. Sometimes I'll just smoke it in a corn cob or a meerschaum if it is too "goopy".
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: A little confused   Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:45 pm

This takes me back decades, but I used to "dilute" goopy, overflavored tobaccos with something relatively neutral, like Prince Albert or something. That stripped them of their cloying sweetness, which always made me want to eat the tobacco rather than smoke it. Strangely I am currently smoking RLP-6 straight as my car blend, for the smell, and don't find it particularly distasteful. Wonder if their batches vary?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oreodiane

Registration date : 2018-03-14

PostSubject: Re: A little confused   Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:50 pm

Thank you for the information.

I still have TK6 :-)

Have a great weekend,

John
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rx2man

Registration date : 2013-05-10

PostSubject: Re: A little confused   Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:58 pm

1Q has humetants in it to keep it from drying out so you are outa luck there. A nice aro but not cheap is Benningtons Connoisseurs choice. I got some in a trade and wow its good........

https://www.benningtons.com/collections/super-premium-blends/products/connoisseurs-choice?variant=892967471
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: A little confused   Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:21 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
This takes me back decades, but I used to "dilute" goopy, overflavored tobaccos with something relatively neutral, like Prince Albert or something. That stripped them of their cloying sweetness, which always made me want to eat the tobacco rather than smoke it. Strangely I am currently smoking RLP-6 straight as my car blend, for the smell, and don't find it particularly distasteful. Wonder if their batches vary?  

C&D had a blend called Winchester that's mild and aromatic-like without the aroma. I think it'd be the perfect transition to natural tobaccos or for diluting the goop by blending.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1

A little confused
Page 1 of 1