HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

4 Noggins house blends

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: 4 Noggins house blends   Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:32 pm

Has anyone tried the 4Noggins house blends? How are they, and which ones have you tried? I might put an order in for some, but I was wondering what you all thought of their tobaccos before order some.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Big G

Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: 4 Noggins house blends   Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:02 pm

I've tried Essence of Vermont, Three Blind Moose, & Weybridge - all outstanding.
If you also consider Storm Front by John Patton & sold by 4noggins, it's outstanding too.
I wouldn't hesitate to try more of their house blends. †YMMV
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oreodiane

Registration date : 2018-03-14

PostSubject: 4 noggins blends   Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:37 am

I've tried a couple of their blends, Mojo is my fac, it has deer tonge in it. (sorry for the spelling.
Peaceful puffin',
John
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: 4 Noggins house blends   Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:04 am

Storm Front all the way! If you like "codger blends" or old school otc burly tasting blends then this one is a must. I like carter hall and prince albert but it is what carter hall and prince albert would be if they had more depth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: 4 Noggins house blends   Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:37 am

Fight'n Hampsters wrote:
Storm Front all the way! If you like "codger blends" or old school otc burly tasting blends then this one is a must. I like carter hall and prince albert but it is what carter hall and prince albert would be if they had more depth.

So...even though Storm Front is not a 4 Noggins house blend, per se, (itís a John Patton blend) it IS only made and sold at 4 Noggins...so I guess it might as well be thought of as one of their house blends.

<< WARNING - A TYPICAL BLACKHORSE RANT RE JOHN PATTON BLEND FOLLOWS -
ANY MEMBERS THAT ARE SICK AND TIRED OF THEM...MOVE ALONG>>

Further...I really think itís on the right track. Iíve usually found the 4 Noggins house blends to be just fine. OK, no problems, enjoyable...but not outrageously good. The John Patton blends, on the other hand, ARE outrageously good...great...stupendous...amazing...yadda, yadda, yadda.

I know of NO ONE that has tried Storm Front that doesnít proclaim it to be jaw droppingly wonderful. Taking the next step...MY personal favorite blends IN THE WORLD are Crossroads, Oriental Dusk and Dark Horse. Read the reviews at Tobacco Reviews.

Lastly, the rest of Pattonís blends are ALL at the head of their class, for the type of blend they represent...ie VA/Per, VA blend, Perique heavy, cigar leaf, etc. Iíll give other members here a break and consider this my annual Spring rant re Patton stuff. Thereís just nothing even close to how unique and special they are.

(There...that aught to do it.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: 4 Noggins house blends   Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:02 am

OMG - I just went to the 4 Noggins site to re-order some Crossroads and Cool Hand Fluke...and theyíre not listed any longer!!! †Others are gone as well! Oh, woe is us.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: 4 Noggins house blends   Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:35 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
OMG - I just went to the 4 Noggins site to re-order some Crossroads and Cool Hand Fluke...and theyíre not listed any longer!!! †Others are gone as well! Oh, woe is us.

Cripes. I've got a bowl, maybe 2 at best, of Cool Hand Fluke left. Looks like that's an extra extra special occasion smoke.

Good rant BTW BH... up there with the best of them. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://stickballard.wixsite.com/blog Online
Fight'n Hampsters

PostSubject: Re: 4 Noggins house blends   Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:55 pm

wow. when the owner changed, I immediately ordered another pound of storm front out of fear of this very thing.

my guess is many of the patton blends came out after 07 so the are only a few months away from extinction so it makes sense that they would phase them out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: 4 Noggins house blends   Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:26 pm

They will be wrapping those blends up as well.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blendtobac

Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: 4 Noggins house blends   Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:17 am

Fight'n Hampsters wrote:
my guess is many of the patton blends came out after 07 so the are only a few months away from extinction so it makes sense that they would phase them out.

I can't speak to when those blends came out, but the "drop-dead" date for blends introduced after 2/15/07 is 8/8/21, so the industry still has over three years to sell off inventory.

Russ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: 4 Noggins house blends   Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:41 am

blendtobac wrote:
Fight'n Hampsters wrote:

I can't speak to when those blends came out, but the "drop-dead" date for blends introduced after 2/15/07 is 8/8/21, so the industry still has over three years to sell off inventory.

Russ

Except that there are some c*******ers trying to push things ahead.

https://csnews.com/public-health-groups-sue-fda-expedite-agencys-review-tobacco-products
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Fight'n Hampsters

PostSubject: Re: 4 Noggins house blends   Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:13 pm

blendtobac wrote:
Fight'n Hampsters wrote:

Russ

Thanks for the update! I think I now remember you mentioning that on another post a while back. So if I read that right then post 07 blends can still be produced and sold up until 8/8/21? That would be wonderful as it would give me more time to cellar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

4 Noggins house blends
Page 1 of 1