HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

OK, who's buying all the Heinrich Dark Strong Flake?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: OK, who's buying all the Heinrich Dark Strong Flake?   Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:06 pm

Even right between the cart and check out, the third vendor was OOS before I could pay!

Frack! Schnitzel! Grrrrr........

And is it me, or every time I look on sites, prices go up a buck per 50gm tin?

Sigh......
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Falcon Puffer

Registration date : 2018-01-28

PostSubject: Re: OK, who's buying all the Heinrich Dark Strong Flake?   Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:29 am

Just get some Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky, in that case, which is the original. I find it better. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: OK, who's buying all the Heinrich Dark Strong Flake?   Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:33 am

Hummmm it wasn't me this time.

Good luck
Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: OK, who's buying all the Heinrich Dark Strong Flake?   Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:51 am

They do seem to be popular. Blends of that style.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: OK, who's buying all the Heinrich Dark Strong Flake?   Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:05 pm

Yep. Found a small tin, but priced at almost $19. Too rich for my blood. I'll have to get a tin of Orlik version and get the press ready.....

(sigh)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: OK, who's buying all the Heinrich Dark Strong Flake?   Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:08 pm

Why? The Orlik stuff comes in intact flakes. Its the PH that looks like a naughty schoolboy was peeling bark off a tree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: OK, who's buying all the Heinrich Dark Strong Flake?   Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:17 pm

Itís not me. I didnít do it. In fact I didnít know that many were that interested in it. Maybe I should get out and about more. On second thought, Iíve got plenty of my favorite blends in my stash so Iíll just continue to sit in my recliner and enjoy what I have. You boys just scrap among yourselves. Iím sure some will show up somewhere. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

No doubt if the Wizard really wants it he can work his magic and conjur up some that will be yards above any of the blends being offered. Try his Pebble Castle and youíll see what I mean... †Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davy Jones

Registration date : 2016-04-25

PostSubject: Re: OK, who's buying all the Heinrich Dark Strong Flake?   Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:53 pm

Looking at Huffelpuff's pic, now I feel compelled to order some more DSK. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: OK, who's buying all the Heinrich Dark Strong Flake?   Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:22 pm

I'm getting a tin of Orlik on the way. I've got the leaf together. I'll figure something out........
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Davy Jones

Registration date : 2016-04-25

PostSubject: Re: OK, who's buying all the Heinrich Dark Strong Flake?   Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:02 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
I'm getting a tin of Orlik on the way. I've got the leaf together. I'll figure something out........

You won't regret it. It's good. It has more depth of taste then PH's version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: OK, who's buying all the Heinrich Dark Strong Flake?   Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:05 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:

Ozzie, put in a one-time alert on SP. And be prepared to grab it as soon as it comes back into stock.

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: OK, who's buying all the Heinrich Dark Strong Flake?   Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:41 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Ozark Wizard wrote:

Ozzie, put in a one-time alert on SP. And be prepared to grab it as soon as it comes back into stock.

Cheers,

RR

Good idea! I'm going to check out the Orlik version, and look into pressing a block of something similar. I've got to say though, that making blends at home in small batches is pretty labor intensive. Fortunately I enjoy passing the time that way, but it's not a great income jocolor If I enjoy it I'll check out Heinrich Dark Strong. I just seem to be a bit behind the panic buying wave going on. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

OK, who's buying all the Heinrich Dark Strong Flake?
Page 1 of 1