HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:46 am

OMG - I just went to the 4 Noggins site to re-order some Crossroads and Cool Hand Fluke...and they’re not listed any longer!!! Others are gone as well! Quad Virginia.

Oh, woe is us. I emailed to site to find out if this is permanent.p

ETC., ETC., ETC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:14 pm

I don't think Rich runs 4noggins anymore, but back when Oriental Dusk went away I was able to get him to agree blending a batch as long as I could guarantee that at least 4 pounds would be purchased. I believe that was back in 2015.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:48 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:07 pm

Yes...I recall that...and a generous donation made on your part.

ETC., ETC., ETC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:04 pm

Prairie Wind also gone....one of my top favourites....I do have about 8oz left but.......... Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Wow! It looks like they are cleaning house. Good thing for me they still have Storm Front and Dark & Stormy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:53 pm

SpeedyPete wrote:
Prairie Wind also gone....one of my top favourites....I do have about 8oz left but.......... Sad

I have a hunch that Prairie Wind was a R. Cake 5100 based blend. Definitely has that 5100 moisture level and that twangy red McClelland VA flavor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:21 pm

More ripples........ 5) Too bad, I like Crossroads. Guess I should have gotten more earlier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:17 pm

Wow. When the owner changed, I immediately ordered another pound of storm front out of fear of this very thing.

My guess is that many of the patton blends came out after 07 so the are only a few months away from extinction so it makes sense that they would phase them out.

Another one bites the dust... Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:21 pm

I know for sure that Dark & Stormy (Storm Front plus Latakia) was after ‘07. And Dark Horse (my own blend design based on Soulmate’s KISS, where the Latakia is removed and replaced with Cigar Leaf) is after ‘07 as well.

ETC., ETC., ETC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:31 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
I know for sure that Dark & Stormy (Storm Front plus Latakia) was after ‘07. And Dark Horse (my own blend design based on Soulmate’s KISS, where the Latakia is removed and replaced with Cigar Leaf) is after ‘07 as well.

So is Storm Front. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:22 pm

There's that.... Also, they will need warning labels on their packages. And new taxes will come into effect, and any existing stock will have to be paid by the vendor. Also, even if they had blends pre 2007, they still have to pay and apply as manufacturers. Inspections. I forget what else. We have until August to sort out our stuff I believe. Night has fallen gentleman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:05 am

Yes there is the whole date of the blends thing. Did anyone consider the possibility that the Virginia used in the blends might have been McClelland bulk tobacco? If so there will be no ready replacement. Just a thought.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davy Jones

Registration date : 2016-04-25

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:00 am

Hmm. Did anyone contact the new owner, Jeff Tomei, to ask him what he intended to do with these House Blends?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:12 am

Davy Jones wrote:
Hmm. Did anyone contact the new owner, Jeff Tomei, to ask him what he intended to do with these House Blends?

I sent in that question on one of his auto question email things. Hopefully I’ll get a response within a few days.

ETC., ETC., ETC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davy Jones

Registration date : 2016-04-25

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:55 pm

Roger, BH. Most curious to hear what he will decide to do. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:13 pm

huffelpuff wrote:
Did anyone consider the possibility that the Virginia used in the blends might have been McClelland bulk tobacco? If so there will be no ready replacement. Just a thought.

Jim

Yes, this was my thought as well. Hopefully there will good news from 4Nog as those Patton blends are very good.

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:08 pm

huffelpuff wrote:
Yes there is the whole date of the blends thing. Did anyone consider the possibility that the Virginia used in the blends might have been McClelland bulk tobacco? If so there will be no ready replacement. Just a thought.

Jim

I think this may be the case with a lot of "House Blends" as McC supplied B&Ms with many blending Va's. Life moves on! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ak2000

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Wed May 23, 2018 5:13 pm

6 of the blends are still available, just ordered some more Oriental Dusk...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.alphaprimecomm.com
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Wed May 23, 2018 5:30 pm

I too was on their site earlier today looking for Cool Hand Fluke. Oh dear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Big G

Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Wed May 23, 2018 8:16 pm

I wonder if some of the John Patton blends used McClelland tobaccos. While it’s not a John Patton blend, I’m a big fan of 4noggins Weybridge which is also mia. It has that tang reminiscent of McClellands & I suspect that’s why it’s no longer listed on the website.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Thu May 24, 2018 3:59 am

Several of the Patton and 4Noggins blends did use McClelland's tobaccos, so they are now history.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Thu May 24, 2018 7:02 pm

JimInks wrote:
Several of the Patton and 4Noggins blends did use McClelland's tobaccos, so they are now history.  

Collateral damage. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Thu May 24, 2018 7:43 pm

JimInks wrote:

Eggs-ackly what I thought. Sad, very sad!

Sad

No Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!   Thu May 24, 2018 9:26 pm

Well they still sell Oriental Dusk and Dark Horse...but not Crossroads. And Crossroads had the same component tobacconas the other two have...so...ya can’t pin Crossroads being gone on the lack of McClelland blending leaf being gone since the other two are still around.

I remember one time when Rich was there, they had a stall in making one of those three for me and pointed the finger at Cornell & Diehl for being out of something. So it doesn’t all depend on McClelland leaf.

Also...of interest perhaps...Dark Horse is exactly the same blend as Soulmate’s Kiss...except in Dark Horse the Latakia is swapped out for Cigar Leaf. So...Rich stopped making asoulmate due (I was told) to low sales.

I’m thinking the same thing is going on here. They’re just keeping the better selling blends.

Rich used to be willing to make almost any of Patton’s blends up on special order if the order was like a pound, or something. I wonder if the new guy would do something like that. That’s how Dark Horse came to be. I asked Rich to make a pound of Soulmate’s Kiss with the Latakia subbed out and Cigar Leaf put in instead. They eventually called the “new” blend Dark Horse with my permission and continued to make and sell it.

ETC., ETC., ETC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

John Patton blends at 4 Noggins...MIA!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next