HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Seattle Pipe Club's In-Hose Competition

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PiedPiper62

Registration date : 2017-10-02

PostSubject: Seattle Pipe Club's In-Hose Competition   Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:21 am

Hello. I was going to buy more of SPC's Plum Pudding Rsv which I've had before and is one of my top 5 of all-time. I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) that it has 2 Cavendishes: black & another (brown?). To save $ I was going to get the non-Rsv this time, but was wondering if any of you can truly tell the difference, and is the diff. worth it Also, if you know about the Cav. thing from your smoking travels please let me know from your readings and tasting. I'm curious... Best, Piedpiper62
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Pipe Club's In-Hose Competition   Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:50 pm

Read JimInk's review of the Reserve. I think he's speaks well to the question of whether or not there's much of a difference between the two. Especially considering his review of the regular.

Of course the only thing that really matters is your own opinion.

Maybe buy one regular and one reserve and smoke them side by side for a while to see if the upgrade is worth the the extra $$$.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Pipe Club's In-Hose Competition   Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:18 pm

There is a difference between the regular blends and the Special Reserve blends. The OP privately asked for a link to my two articles on the Seattle Pipe Club blends, and I thought I'd post them here in case others are intereseted.

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/seattle-pipe-club-luxury-blends-unlike-any-other/

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/seattle-pipe-club-luxury-blends-unlike-any-other-part-2/
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Seattle Pipe Club's In-Hose Competition
Page 1 of 1