HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Wardrobe Up to Snuff?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Wardrobe Up to Snuff?   Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:12 pm

Ever been in a quandary over what to wear at your next board meeting? I have. I cry in my pillow all night, wondering if my attire will make a good impression at the next meeting, and aid in the illusion that I know what I'm doing there.

Rising to speak one time, I remember, I had hardly got a word out before I detected snickering in my audience. I had been drinking a bit and initially thought I was slurring my words, but alas, it was worse than that. My fly was down and more or less wide open. I didn't want to zip up in front of everyone, so I bolted for the door, tripping over my pants which had somehow loosened and fallen around my ankles. You can imagine my embarrassment!

Well, something needed to be done to prevent that from ever happening again. I have a position to maintain, often speaking with captains of industry and heads of state, to say nothing of famous tobacconists and bordello managers. I found this really neato tailor in town who makes these here suits. Yes, I bought two just like this. You can see why for yourself. Hope this creates an impression:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SourMilk

Registration date : 2018-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Wardrobe Up to Snuff?   Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:22 pm

Needs more sensible footwear, those heels will be torture after a long day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Wardrobe Up to Snuff?   Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:03 pm

I think that's sort of cool and interesting. It isn't for me, but I can appreciate it on a few levels. I like that little added detail of the stripes on the socks/leggings. It's also interesting that they could have chosen more androgynous models, to "match" the clothing bending, but they didn't, which I assume was to bend it even more and keep the scheme as majority masculine. I don't believe it was all that long ago, historically speaking, that both boys and girls were dressed in "skirts". Smart and practical. Cuts way down on the amount of work that would have to go into making a piece of clothing. And of course, we still have representation today in kilts and various African and jungle tribes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Wardrobe Up to Snuff?   Wed May 02, 2018 9:24 am

One word: "YIKES!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Wardrobe Up to Snuff?   Wed May 02, 2018 10:43 am

They look like flaming a**holes, and neither one too happy about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Wardrobe Up to Snuff?   Wed May 02, 2018 11:45 am

Goodness me.

Not sure I'd get past the doorman at the club for discerning young gentleman that I frequent on an afternoon. That tie is simply outrageous Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alandadp

Registration date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Wardrobe Up to Snuff?   Wed May 02, 2018 5:41 pm

Stick, why do I think those two are moonlighting airmen? Very Happy

Adam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Wardrobe Up to Snuff?   Wed May 02, 2018 9:42 pm

My wardrobe consists of bluejeans, t-shirts, and sweat shirts. Yeah, I have a couple of suits, a navy blue one for funerals, and a grey striped one for whenever, but they are collecting dust in the closet! Embarassed Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Stick

PostSubject: Re: Wardrobe Up to Snuff?   Thu May 03, 2018 6:34 am

alandadp wrote:
Stick, why do I think those two are moonlighting airmen? Very Happy

Adam

...because they are two of my Corporals Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

PostSubject: Re: Wardrobe Up to Snuff?   Thu May 03, 2018 6:42 am

... I also believe Matelots have a penchant for similar attire. I remember being at a beer call on the DC and was amused to see how much beer and, amongst other things, lingerie, could be stowed in the smallest of recesses... lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alandadp

Registration date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Wardrobe Up to Snuff?   Thu May 03, 2018 9:31 am

Stick wrote:
... I also believe Matelots have a penchant for similar attire. I remember being at a beer call on the DC and was amused to see how much beer and, amongst other things, lingerie, could be stowed in the smallest of recesses... lol!

Am assuming that the DC was the Dumbarton Castle. Very fitting therefore that she now belongs to the Bangledesh Navy as BNS Bijoy lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

PostSubject: Re: Wardrobe Up to Snuff?   Thu May 03, 2018 2:29 pm

alandadp wrote:
Stick wrote:

Am assuming that the DC was the Dumbarton Castle. Very fitting therefore that she now belongs to the Bangledesh Navy as BNS Bijoy lol!

Ha!  Now that's funny!!!  Yup, the Dumbarton Castle.  Now re-commissioned as the Bi Joy!  lol!

It does however appear that I've been rumbled...

Talking of such shenanigans, it reminds me of an exped to Canada back in '06.  We spent 10 or so days paddling down the Petawawa in the Algonquin.  Really exciting stuff and a true adventure.  We then spent a few nights in Toronto where, as is so often the case, one of the chaps started with 'I've got a great idea...'

A few hours later we're in the Sky Dome watching the Blue Jays play and we're all dressed as old ladies; dresses, earrings, handbags, heels, the full works.  Funniest memory is going to the gents to see 6 'old ladies' stood at the urinals hitching up their dresses and all taking a pee.  We became instant hits and, rather worryingly, were televised live across Canada.  Not too sure how we avoided a diplomatic incident that night but we all made it back to Blighty unscathed.  Yup, can't beat a spot of cross dressing once in a while Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Wardrobe Up to Snuff?   Thu May 03, 2018 3:40 pm

Stick wrote:
alandadp wrote:
Stick wrote:

Ha!  Now that's funny!!!  Yup, the Dumbarton Castle.  Now re-commissioned as the Bi Joy!  lol!

Talking of such shenanigans, it reminds me of an exped to Canada back in '06.  We spent 10 or so days paddling down the Petawawa in the Algonquin.  Really exciting stuff and a true adventure.  We then spent a few nights in Toronto where, as is so often the case, one of the chaps started with 'I've got a great idea...'

A few hours later we're in the Sky Dome watching the Blue Jays play and we're all dressed as old ladies; dresses, earrings, handbags, heels, the full works.  Funniest memory is going to the gents to see 6 'old ladies' stood at the urinals hitching up their dresses and all taking a pee.  We became instant hits and, rather worryingly, were televised live across Canada.  Not too sure how we avoided a diplomatic incident that night but we all made it back to Blighty unscathed.  Yup, can't beat a spot of cross dressing once in a while Wink

Yikes! Say it ain't so mate!! Shocked

Must've had a good few jars to get you lot on such a lark!

Wink

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Stick

PostSubject: Re: Wardrobe Up to Snuff?   Thu May 03, 2018 5:32 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Stick wrote:
alandadp wrote:
Stick wrote:

Yikes! Say it ain't so mate!!  Shocked

Must've had a good few jars to get you lot on such a lark!

Wink

Cheers,

RR

I'm afraid Rande, it is so. In my defence we did have one or two jars. Or maybe 6. Or was it a few more... I can't remember. Whatever. Wink

Loved Toronto though! Got to see Niagra... mixed feelings there. And the Algonquin was simply stunning.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Wardrobe Up to Snuff?
Page 1 of 1