HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Fillmore

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fight'n Hampsters

Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Fillmore   Sat May 12, 2018 3:05 pm

Just ordered some for the first time, I hear its pretty good. Cant wait!! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SourMilk

Registration date : 2018-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Fillmore   Sat May 12, 2018 5:17 pm

I love the blend. I'm really sensitive to latakia and the 2% or so it has stands out to me and sets it apart from other va/pers. It should age well too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

PostSubject: Re: Fillmore   Sat May 12, 2018 6:34 pm

SourMilk wrote:
I love the blend. I'm really sensitive to latakia and the 2% or so it has stands out to me and sets it apart from other va/pers. It should age well too.

Me too!! I have gotten to where I can't take it anymore. Glad to hear that Fillmore passes muster with a fellow Latakiaphobe Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SourMilk

PostSubject: Re: Fillmore   Sat May 12, 2018 7:53 pm

Fight'n Hampsters wrote:
SourMilk wrote:

Me too!! †I have gotten to where I can't take it anymore. †Glad to hear that Fillmore passes muster with a fellow Latakiaphobe Wink

I thought I just hated the stuff but Fillmore taught me low amounts can be great. I think it really helps to bring out otherwise hidden qualities of the Virginas.

Iíve read some folks description of Perique heavy blends as tasting like burning tires and I canít get enough of the stuff. I donít even really sense the pepper, only fruit. I think it just comes down to individuals taste buds/saliva PH.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

PostSubject: Re: Fillmore   Sat May 12, 2018 8:29 pm

SourMilk wrote:
Fight'n Hampsters wrote:
SourMilk wrote:

Me too!! †I have gotten to where I can't take it anymore. †Glad to hear that Fillmore passes muster with a fellow Latakiaphobe Wink

I thought I just hated the stuff but Fillmore taught me low amounts can be great. I think it really helps to bring out otherwise hidden qualities of the Virginas.

Iíve read some folks description of Perique heavy blends as tasting like burning tires and I canít get enough of the stuff. I donít even really sense the pepper, only fruit. I think it just comes down to individuals taste buds/saliva PH.

For sure. I love perique as well. If you havent tried Chenets Cake, it is a "perique bomb"

I think I read Kyle Wies call it burning tires. He has a way with words Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

PostSubject: Re: Fillmore   Sat May 12, 2018 8:31 pm

key largo has some latakia. that is about the most I can handle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SourMilk

PostSubject: Re: Fillmore   Sat May 12, 2018 8:40 pm

I have about a pound of Chenetís in my cellar, lol

Iím waiting on some bulk Exclusive thatís back ordered from P&C, itís said to be 50% Perique.

Also, smoked some pure rum soaked Perique with Gramps recently. Not something I would do often but it was interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Fillmore   Sat May 12, 2018 9:01 pm

Fillmore is excellent.

When you open it, let the contents of the tin rest for a few days. I usually pop a tin, put the plastic lid on it and let it chill for a spell, 2-3 days. Otherwise right from a just opened tin, the tobacco can taste a bit muddled without a proper decanting..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

PostSubject: Re: Fillmore   Thu May 17, 2018 12:23 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Fillmore is excellent.

When you open it, let the contents of the tin rest for a few days. I usually pop a tin, put the plastic lid on it and let it chill for a spell, 2-3 days. Otherwise right from a just opened tin, the tobacco can taste a bit muddled without a proper decanting..

Came in on Tuesday, popped it and let it sit. Had a bowl last night.

WOW. Super good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

PostSubject: Re: Fillmore   Tue May 29, 2018 12:00 pm

Wierd. I have to revise my above "review". After that first bowl, which was great, I had it again three more nights in a row. Twice in the same pipe and once in a different pipe. Those three outings were very similar to each other but not as good as the first bowl. I'm not as impressed with it as I was initially.

Oh well. Im going to let it sit for a few months and return to it.

I know I am not the only one to have this experience with a blend, ie "heaven in a bowl" turns to "Meh". What blends has anyone experienced that with?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Fillmore   Tue May 29, 2018 12:35 pm

Fight'n Hampsters wrote:
...I know I am not the only one to have this experience with a blend, ie "heaven in †a bowl" turns to "Meh". †What blends has anyone experienced that with?

About 95% of them. The other 5% work the other way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Fillmore   Tue May 29, 2018 4:37 pm

This happens to me all the time and it's why I have several different tobacco tins open. In principal, not all smokes can be "in the zone" smokes. Whether physical, biological or psychological, there's just too many variables working against it.

I find that if I graze in the same pasture for too long I end up with a case of the tobacco doldrums.

I also like to limit my expectations in hopes of increasing the chances of suprising myself. Afterall, it's just tobacco and we are the catalyst.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SourMilk

PostSubject: Re: Fillmore   Tue May 29, 2018 5:00 pm

I love Fillmore but only have one bowl a week. Like DrumsAndBeer, I have several open blends in jars that I pull from based solely on my whims at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Fillmore
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: PAD & TAD-
Jump to: