HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Wow. Regina Scarlatta

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Richard Burley

avatar

Location : North Coast NY
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Wow. Regina Scarlatta   Wed May 23, 2018 11:10 am

Rhapsodizing on a theme suggested by some Beckers, a marque I have admired for some time, though I own exactly none.  I was going to title this post "Outdoing Becker." What better way to spend $500+? Food, clothing, mortgage, or other tomfoolery? I don't know, maybe Becker does it better--more understated or something. Still...  



Last edited by Richard Burley on Sun May 27, 2018 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Moderator
avatar

Age : 70
Location : Portland, Oregon Area
Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Regina Scarlatta   Wed May 23, 2018 12:12 pm

Looks like the check mark you’d make next to the “bucket list pipe #1” thing...if you got it.  Wink

_________________
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator.
Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret



ETC., ETC., ETC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

avatar

Location : North Coast NY
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Regina Scarlatta   Wed May 23, 2018 1:14 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Looks like the check mark you’d make next to the “bucket list pipe #1” thing...if you got it.  Wink

That's it! The check mark look. That's what I was alluding to. In case anyone wonders, no, I didn't buy it. I'll never pay $500 for a pipe that doesn't have a concave button. One of Jesse Jone's billiards ruined me for anything else. But the pipe is available at Iwan Ries, for those interested. Or at least was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

avatar

Age : 48
Location : Laramie, WY
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Regina Scarlatta   Wed May 23, 2018 6:03 pm

It sure is a hell of a good looking pipe!

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zeno Marx

avatar

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Regina Scarlatta   Wed May 23, 2018 6:08 pm

I've owned a few Beckers. I really miss those days of heavy trading. I digress. None of the Beckers were bad smokers, but none stood out either. I did like that rustication though. I don't know how much influence this had back then, but I've come to realize I don't care for that sense of dainty shanks and stems. Seems like an aesthetic you either love or hate, no?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Idlefellow

avatar

Location : The Kansas Prairie
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Regina Scarlatta   Mon May 28, 2018 7:26 pm

That pipe reminds me of one you'd see in one of those stylized 50's era cartoons...you know: smoking jacket, ascot, martini glass, mid-century modern furniture, et al. Probably would have had more appeal to me at one time; not really my cuppa these days, but a beautiful pipe nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

avatar

Location : North Coast NY
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Regina Scarlatta   Mon May 28, 2018 10:42 pm

Idlefellow wrote:
That pipe reminds me of one you'd see in one of those stylized 50's era cartoons...you know: smoking jacket, ascot, martini glass, mid-century modern furniture, et al.  Probably would have had more appeal to me at one time; not really my cuppa these days, but a beautiful pipe nonetheless.  

Dammit Idlefellow--if that's really your name--you just ruined it for me. Seriously. 5)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Idlefellow

avatar

Location : The Kansas Prairie
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Regina Scarlatta   Tue May 29, 2018 9:45 am

Richard Burley wrote:
Idlefellow wrote:
That pipe reminds me of one you'd see in one of those stylized 50's era cartoons...you know: smoking jacket, ascot, martini glass, mid-century modern furniture, et al.  Probably would have had more appeal to me at one time; not really my cuppa these days, but a beautiful pipe nonetheless.  

Dammit Idlefellow--if that's really your name--you just ruined it for me. Seriously. 5)

Oops; sorry! Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

avatar

Location : North Coast NY
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Regina Scarlatta   Tue May 29, 2018 10:00 am

Idlefellow wrote:
Richard Burley wrote:
Idlefellow wrote:
That pipe reminds me of one you'd see in one of those stylized 50's era cartoons...you know: smoking jacket, ascot, martini glass, mid-century modern furniture, et al.  Probably would have had more appeal to me at one time; not really my cuppa these days, but a beautiful pipe nonetheless.  

Dammit Idlefellow--if that's really your name--you just ruined it for me. Seriously. 5)

Oops; sorry! Sad

Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM



Age : 75
Location : Connecticut
Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Regina Scarlatta   Tue May 29, 2018 9:05 pm

SP had some Lacroix pipes — “never smoked” — in its French estate pipe section. In it were some extreme rusticated lumbermans. I mean extreme, looked like chunk was torn off the tree and perfectly drilled. I bought one. $45. I liked it so well I ended up buying two more. Same pipe differentiated by the pattern of the rusticated carving. It may seem a bit, ah, impulsive, but I like ‘em. Eye appeal + smokability + workmanship = a place on my rack. No need to ‘splain what appeals to you. As Dubya said long ago, “You earned it. You should spend it.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Wow. Regina Scarlatta
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Regina Rifles
» Regina Rifle regiment Tunic
» Tamara Jewel Keepness
» Mk III with decal to the Regina Rifles

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Ye Olde Pipe Rack-
Jump to: