HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Bamboo apples at the Blue Room

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brewdude
Moderator
avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:09 pm

Have to admit I was beguiled by the new offerings today by Jesse and Scott at Blue Room Briars. Their new line of sandblasted apples w/bamboo shank won me over to the concept of bamboo, as I'd never before been particularly interested.

I won't go into the details as you can view all that on their website, but the strummels are said to be at least 50 yrs old. And what Jesse has done with them is like magic!

Story short, after much hemming and hawing (since there were so many great combinations) I chose the Tan Blast with dark bamboo. It's the one on the right in this pic. (I would've liked to post more specific pics but my dang computer won't let me!)



This will be my entry into the bamboo world. And I expect great things, as fishnbanjo seems to have and enjoy so many of them. So there must be something to it!

In any case, the Blue Room Boyz are way great to deal with. And I'm not associated with them in any way, except for a consistently satisfied customer.

bom  


Cheers,

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Hiram-2011

avatar

Age : 39
Location : Illinois
Registration date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:23 pm

Nice pick up Rande. I’m eyeing one of those too. Hard to pass up a pipe at that price that Jesse had a hand in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

avatar

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:35 pm

I hope I'm remembering correctly...I think you get 10% off your first order if you sign up for their email updates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Moderator
avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:50 pm

Zeno Marx wrote:
I hope I'm remembering correctly...I think you get 10% off your first order if you sign up for their email updates.

That would be correct.


Cheers,

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
BriarBeagle

avatar

Age : 46
Location : Laguna Niguel, CA
Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:21 pm

Rande, Congratulations, and enjoy it in good health. I was looking at those earlier today, but even at 5 and 3/4 in they are still a little long for my personal taste. Beautiful simple classic apple shape with wonderful blasts. Can't go wrong for the price. I personally am in the "love it" Camp when it comes to Bamboo, with about 25 bamboo pieces in my collection. Can't wait to hear how she smokes for you. Please chime in and let us know.
BB

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ak2000

avatar

Location : NW Burbs Chicagoland
Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:39 pm

Those are really nice Rande, enjoy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.alphaprimecomm.com
Ocelot55

avatar

Location : Columbus, OH
Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:57 pm

I'm glad these are getting some interest. I tried to make the best value/quality bamboo pipe on the market. I think I succeeded, but we'll see what the customers think. I've been smoking the prototype since March and have not been disappointed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
BriarBeagle

avatar

Age : 46
Location : Laguna Niguel, CA
Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:14 pm

Ocelot55 wrote:
I'm glad these are getting some interest. I tried to make the best value/quality bamboo pipe on the market. I think I succeeded, but we'll see what the customers think. I've been smoking the prototype since March and have not been disappointed.

I bet a slightly shorter version would sell too (hint hint, wink wink) 😉

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

avatar

Location : Columbus, OH
Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:47 pm

BriarBeagle wrote:
Ocelot55 wrote:
I'm glad these are getting some interest. I tried to make the best value/quality bamboo pipe on the market. I think I succeeded, but we'll see what the customers think. I've been smoking the prototype since March and have not been disappointed.

I bet a slightly shorter version would sell too (hint hint, wink wink) 😉

Sent from Topic'it App

If you want a custom one with shorter bamboo all you have to do is ask. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
BriarBeagle

avatar

Age : 46
Location : Laguna Niguel, CA
Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:32 pm

Ocelot55 wrote:
BriarBeagle wrote:
Ocelot55 wrote:
I'm glad these are getting some interest. I tried to make the best value/quality bamboo pipe on the market. I think I succeeded, but we'll see what the customers think. I've been smoking the prototype since March and have not been disappointed.

I bet a slightly shorter version would sell too (hint hint, wink wink) 😉


If you want a custom one with shorter bamboo all you have to do is ask. [smiley]https://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/smiley]

Yes please, and thank you.
Tan blast with light bamboo ( maybe just 2 knuckles). Shooting for the 5" zone.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timbo

avatar

Age : 42
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:00 am

Very tasty pipes there Jesse, bamboo normally doesn't do much for me but those are beaut.

Any plans for a bent one?

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

avatar

Location : Columbus, OH
Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:36 am

Timbo wrote:
Very tasty pipes there Jesse, bamboo normally doesn't do much for me but those are beaut.

Any plans for a bent one?

Cheers

Tim

Unfortunately no. Bent bamboo creates a number of technical issues which would slow down the process and create a less consistent result. Straights are easy, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Timbo

avatar

Age : 42
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:24 pm

Bugger, thought that might be the case mate. Loving your blasts Jesses, nice and craggy.

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

avatar

Age : 45
Location : Northern, CA
Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:28 pm

Wow, these look fantastic. Saving my money for a black/dark. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

avatar

Age : 46
Location : Laguna Niguel, CA
Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:42 pm

Just received my bamboo apple from Blue Room Briars, and it looks great!  I opted for the tan blast with light bamboo.  Also, I requested that Jesse shorten it by one knuckle to reduce the overall length to one that's in my wheelhouse.  Couldn't be more pleased.  I've already got a bowl packed and counting the minutes until my lunch break.  With the reduced size, this pipe comes in at roughly 5 1/8", and weighs in at 1.2 oz.  Great blast with some really tight ring grain...



If this thing smokes anywhere near as good as it looks, this will be an incredible value for the money.

Thanks Jesse, for the custom order!  Always excellent communication and customer service. cheers

Loren
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

avatar

Age : 54
Location : Mark Twain National Forest, MO
Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:02 pm

That's a sweet pipe there, and no mistake! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

avatar

Location : Columbus, OH
Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:04 pm

Thanks, Loren.

The stars aligned with that one. A lot of these old stummels have pretty tricky grain to blast. Some are absolutely rock hard and don't reveal much of a pattern no matter how much I blast them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Brewdude
Moderator
avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:27 pm

BriarBeagle wrote:
Just received my bamboo apple from Blue Room Briars, and it looks great!  I opted for the tan blast with light bamboo.  Also, I requested that Jesse shorten it by one knuckle to reduce the overall length to one that's in my wheelhouse.  Couldn't be more pleased.  I've already got a bowl packed and counting the minutes until my lunch break.  With the reduced size, this pipe comes in at roughly 5 1/8", and weighs in at 1.2 oz.  Great blast with some really tight ring grain...



If this thing smokes anywhere near as good as it looks, this will be an incredible value for the money.

Thanks Jesse, for the custom order!  Always excellent communication and customer service. cheers

Loren


Very attractive Loren. Love the ring grain blast on that.

Mine is out for delivery today. Doin' the pee-pee dance!


rabbit


Cheers,

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
BriarBeagle

avatar

Age : 46
Location : Laguna Niguel, CA
Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:31 pm

Brewdude wrote:
BriarBeagle wrote:
Just received my bamboo apple from Blue Room Briars, and it looks great!  I opted for the tan blast with light bamboo.  Also, I requested that Jesse shorten it by one knuckle to reduce the overall length to one that's in my wheelhouse.  Couldn't be more pleased.  I've already got a bowl packed and counting the minutes until my lunch break.  With the reduced size, this pipe comes in at roughly 5 1/8", and weighs in at 1.2 oz.  Great blast with some really tight ring grain...



If this thing smokes anywhere near as good as it looks, this will be an incredible value for the money.

Thanks Jesse, for the custom order!  Always excellent communication and customer service. cheers

Loren


Very attractive Loren. Love the ring grain blast on that.

Mine is out for delivery today. Doin' the pee-pee dance!


rabbit


Cheers,

RR

Oh, that's great!  I know that feeling of anticipation. Would love to see a pic at some point.
Congrats!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rx2man



Age : 47
Location : Phoenix, AZ
Registration date : 2013-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:30 pm

Pretty much all I make are bamboo shanked pipes. I just love the look. @ $140 those are a steal, there is extra work adding bamboo to the mix and the blasts looks great. The guys at BRB are great to deal with as well.

And not to hi jack the thread BUT there is another carver on their site, Marinko Neralic. He is carving out of Croatia. I visited him summer of '15. Learned a few techniques from him and improved my game. He is a great guy and his pipes are works of art. AND IMO way under priced. Get em while they are cheap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Moderator
avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:51 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Very attractive Loren. Love the ring grain blast on that.

Mine is out for delivery today. Doin' the pee-pee dance!

BriarBeagle wrote:
Oh, that's great!  I know that feeling of anticipation.  Would love to see a pic at some point. Congrats!

Just took delivery, and she's a beaut! The front of the bowl has some of that ring grain thing going on. Colour me 100% pleased! Love the contrast of the tan bowl and dark bamboo. My very first bamboo stem - and I'm also not normally one for straight stem pipes!

Sadly, I can't post pics as I don't have a digital camera. So solly! pale



Cheers,

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
BriarBeagle

avatar

Age : 46
Location : Laguna Niguel, CA
Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:43 pm

Sounds like a winner, Rande. Let us know how she smokes for you.

I've got two bowls through mine now, and couldn't be more pleased. 😆

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishnbanjo

avatar

Age : 68
Location : southern me
Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Bamboo apples at the Blue Room    Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:42 pm

You gentlemen won’t be sorry about getting a bad apple in that group, enjoy them to heck!
banjo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
 
Bamboo apples at the Blue Room
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» BLUE FLAG 'PRIDE OF LONDON'
» No more room in my freezer!
» direct deposit blue cross
» Relaxation Room
» Anyone else get a MEDAVIE BLUE CR MSP deposit in their account?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: PAD & TAD-
Jump to: