HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Vermont Freehand pipes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Vermont Freehand pipes   Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:29 pm

Anyone own, and care to share their opinion, on Vermont Freehand pipes? Specifically, I was looking at the bent poker, aka the cherrywood, and the Norsedog. I feel the Norsedog is a great shape, but I was wondering how thick the walls are down near the shank. From pictures, it looks like it could get on the thin side as it approaches the bottom of the bowl.

*The proprietary write-ups sound fantastic and make the pipes seem like great value. I'm looking for smoker feedback. Thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Vermont Freehand pipes   Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:02 pm

I've been wondering about these myself, specifically same as you Zeno - the poker. Perhaps in Morta. Price is right, style is great, blast looks well done. The Blue Room boyz have a feature that lets you scroll up close and personal on the pics and finishes. I appreciate that, and they do it for each and every pipe.

So, any direct feedback would be welcome here as well. Vermont Freehand clearly has a good rep in the supplier side of things.

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Sasquatch

Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Vermont Freehand pipes   Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:11 pm

Pretty sure the pipes are made by briarworks, who are a very knowledgeable crew indeed.

But honestly, Steve is such a straightforward dude if you emailed him and asked him, he'd give you an honest answer about the pipes. This is one of the guys I trust 100% in the industry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rail Man

Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Vermont Freehand pipes   Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:02 pm

I have a blasted norsedog, seems to be very well designed. The chamber is actually drilled at a slight angle to keep the walls as thick as possible where the pipe gets the most narrow. I donít believe it would be an issue unless you smoke pretty hot. Smoking it normally it does feel warm at the narrowest part but not hot.

If youíve checked the dimensions itís actually quite a small pipe, which probably helps as well. So far Iíve experienced no problems, smokes quite well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sam a

Registration date : 2012-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Vermont Freehand pipes   Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:17 pm

Sasquatch wrote:
Pretty sure the pipes are made by briarworks, who are a very knowledgeable crew indeed.

But honestly, Steve is such a straightforward dude if you emailed him and asked him, he'd give you an honest answer about the pipes. This is one of the guys I trust 100% in the industry.

Yup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Vermont Freehand pipes   Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:56 pm

Sasquatch! †Nice to see you chiming in here. Been a while.

I have little personal experience with VFP...but they look fine.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wayne_Teipen

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Vermont Freehand pipes   Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:46 pm

I own a sandblasted Norsedog. They are made by Briarworks as Sasquatch says. My Norsedog is a great little smoker. It is not too thin-walled. It's a relatively small pipe - I'd say a group 3 with a group 2 sized tobacco chamber. Smokes Va. flakes like a champ.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teipenpipes.com
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Vermont Freehand pipes   Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:07 pm

Wayne_Teipen wrote:
I own a sandblasted Norsedog. They are made by Briarworks as Sasquatch says. My Norsedog is a great little smoker. It is not too thin-walled. It's a relatively small pipe - I'd say a group 3 with a group 2 sized tobacco chamber. Smokes Va. flakes like a champ.
Good info about the size. That'll make a difference for me. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Vermont Freehand pipes
Page 1 of 1