HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Found this Søren Refbjerg recently

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JensDK

avatar

Location : Denmark
Registration date : 2018-07-07

PostSubject: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:21 am

I'm usually kind of modest when it comes to the high-end department, but I supposed it had to happen sooner or later: Fell in love with a really nice hand cut that was offered on a danish estate website. I didn't know what Danbark was - to me it sounded like the name of a cheap drugstore pipe. So I looked it up and learned that it's the name Søren Refbjerg stamps on pipes that are only near perfect. He must be a perfectionist, because I haven't found anything on this pipe that suggests minor quality.
It's also my first pot (or pot-like) shape, and it grows on me every time I smoke it.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

avatar

Age : 46
Location : Laguna Niguel, CA
Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:52 pm

Love it! Excellent choice, sir.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Blackhorse
Moderator
avatar

Age : 70
Location : Portland, Oregon Area
Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:10 pm

Beautiful. Very nice looking rustication technique.

_________________
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator.
Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret


ETC., ETC., ETC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

avatar

Location : North Coast NY
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:16 pm

Keeper, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
History Prof 1861



Location : Cincinnati Ohio
Registration date : 2016-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:45 pm

That is super nice good find
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

avatar

Location : Diocese of Northern Indiana
Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:40 pm

You are going to fall in love with the pot shape I predict. I am a serious fan of them. This one looks very nice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
JensDK

avatar

Location : Denmark
Registration date : 2018-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:18 am

Fr_Tom wrote:
You are going to fall in love with the pot shape I predict. I am a serious fan of them. This one looks very nice!

I think you’re right! I love that it’s sturdy without being too big, and when you fill it, the smoke seems to last forever.
I know about your love for pots. What kind of tobaccos do you prefer to smoke in them? I can’t quite make up my mind about what works best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

avatar

Location : Diocese of Northern Indiana
Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:05 am

JensDK wrote:
Fr_Tom wrote:
You are going to fall in love with the pot shape I predict. I am a serious fan of them. This one looks very nice!

I think you’re right! I love that it’s sturdy without being too big, and when you fill it, the smoke seems to last forever.
I know about your love for pots. What kind of tobaccos do you prefer to smoke in them? I can’t quite make up my mind about what works best.

I claim everything smokes better in a pot.

So far this morning, I have had OJK, Picayune and Big-n-Burley in three different pots - two Grabows and a BST. I like Virginias and VaPers, but I don't seem to be reaching for them right now. I had some Father Dempsey and Morley's Best after supper last night that was just what I wanted.

Right now I typically take a Grabow pot with me to work, and that is what I smoke during the day when I get a chance. Today that pipe will be a Grabow Silver Duke, and the tobacco in the car is Big-n-Burley.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
JensDK

avatar

Location : Denmark
Registration date : 2018-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:36 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
JensDK wrote:
Fr_Tom wrote:
You are going to fall in love with the pot shape I predict. I am a serious fan of them. This one looks very nice!

I think you’re right! I love that it’s sturdy without being too big, and when you fill it, the smoke seems to last forever.
I know about your love for pots. What kind of tobaccos do you prefer to smoke in them? I can’t quite make up my mind about what works best.

I claim everything smokes better in a pot.

So far this morning, I have had OJK, Picayune and Big-n-Burley in three different pots - two Grabows and a BST. I like Virginias and VaPers, but I don't seem to be reaching for them right now. I had some Father Dempsey and Morley's Best after supper last night that was just what I wanted.

Right now I typically take a Grabow pot with me to work, and that is what I smoke during the day when I get a chance. Today that pipe will be a Grabow Silver Duke, and the tobacco in the car is Big-n-Burley.


Another nice Grabow of yours there! Perhaps I should look out for estates on ebay that ship to Europe.
Burley is not my thing (but yours, I think). Well there’s no harm done in working my way through my own favourites Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

avatar

Location : Diocese of Northern Indiana
Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:38 pm

JensDK wrote:
Another nice Grabow of yours there! Perhaps I should look out for estates on ebay that ship to Europe.
Burley is not my thing (but yours, I think). Well there’s no harm done in working my way through my own favourites Smile

I really just like tobacco. Black Cavendish often tastes musty and "thin" to me, so I usually avoid it. Other than that, I tend to like most everything. In terms of open 1 lb bags right now, it is looking like a burley trend. I will own that.

I don't think I have posted a picture of the Grabow pot I am smoking now. It is a "49" so a medium pot with a 13/16 in bowl.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
JensDK

avatar

Location : Denmark
Registration date : 2018-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:32 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
JensDK wrote:
Another nice Grabow of yours there! Perhaps I should look out for estates on ebay that ship to Europe.
Burley is not my thing (but yours, I think). Well there’s no harm done in working my way through my own favourites Smile

I really just like tobacco. Black Cavendish often tastes musty and "thin" to me, so I usually avoid it. Other than that, I tend to like most everything. In terms of open 1 lb bags right now, it is looking like a burley trend. I will own that.

I don't think I have posted a picture of the Grabow pot I am smoking now. It is a "49" so a medium pot with a 13/16 in bowl.


I guess it’s like food: palates are so different. To me Perique feels like a flu coming up. It’s true, Cavendish is not up front - it whispers, to be a bit poetic. To me it’s like the smell of a stew you can’t make out, you just know you want more.

I like that deep rustication. It looks really nice and I bet it makes a nice, cool smoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Found this Søren Refbjerg recently
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Nottinghamshire girl (8) found hanged in bedroom
» MADELEINE COULD BE FOUND ALIVE {Merged topics}
» Missing - Sean Sullivan London - FOUND SAFE & WELL
» Alisa Maier -- Found Alive 7/6/10
» Remains of murdered woman found buried at building site

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: