HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse Empty
PostSubject: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 12:11 pm

Being “old” sucks. Well, mostly. But this morning I go in to consult with an eye surgeon about getting cataract surgery in both eyes...lenses replaced. Fun. I apparently have one of the three types of cataracts...the one that comes on and gets worse fast. This has developed over the last three months.

So...anyone out there had this done?

Do I get “bionic eyes”:with x-ray and laser vision? Is there a HUD with read outs and target selection? This might be cool!

Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse D6bddf10Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse 29400910Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse 114e6110Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse Ddb39b10Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse Cf77ce10Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 12:29 pm

Yup. Been there and done that. The surgery isn't all that bad, as you're out the entire time, or at least I was. Mom and Pap both had it as well. You'll be fine and glad you did it.

Cheers,

RR

Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse Purple11x 2Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse Bombx10  Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse Bombx3Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse D6bddf10 Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 1:45 pm

I've had PRK done to correct vision, not sure if it relates to your surgery at all but it was basically painless (except for the recovery time). In PRK they grind off your corneas and reshape the lens with lasers. Unfortunately I got no x-ray, zoom function, or HUD but I could see very well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 2:43 pm

Katie has small ones on the lower outside corners of her eyes. They were caused by heavy steroid use after her failed transplants. They aren't big enough to worry about until she goes back on steroids. Then they'll have to be removed fairly quickly

You'll do fine with the surgery and you'll be so glad to be able see like a kid again. Best of luck and keep us posted on how you do.

Best wishes
Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 10:08 pm

I spent so much on glasses over the years.
Stronger and stronger lenses, progressive bifocals, astigmatism...
I was really happy when I was told I had cataracts. Laughing
Had it done three and a half years ago. It is so great not wearing glasses.
I use cheap readers for fine print.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SourMilk

SourMilk

Registration date : 2018-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 4:27 pm

Asked my father, who had this surgery not long ago, and he had no issues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerfer

Registration date : 2014-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 12:20 pm

What's amazing in our time is that they can put a new lens in as they take out the cataract. If you wear glasses now, you won't after it's done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 12:40 pm

Good to see you had done what was necessary to keep making those great knives...something to treasure when we are lucky enough to get one. Love my plug knives.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 1:14 pm

Cerfer wrote:
What's amazing in our time is that they can put a new lens in as they take out the cataract. If you wear glasses now, you won't after it's done.

What’s amazing to ME is they can correct to 20-20 and for astigmatism and the whole procedure takes 10 minutes. But I’ll need to wear reading glasses and since the eye continues to age, eventually I will likely need to wear glasses again. But as I have the fast onset type of cataracts I swear I can sense the loss of vision day by day.

Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse D6bddf10Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse 29400910Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse 114e6110Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse Ddb39b10Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse Cf77ce10Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 12:35 pm

Trade you a macula for a cornea, just one.

Do the procedure, and "see" the difference. I think you'll be pleased.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 2:38 pm

I start pre-procedure eye drops tomorrow. The 10-minute surgery is set for Wednesday.

Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse 21cab810

Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 3:26 pm

Don't forget to keep us posted. Good luck

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 7:41 pm

Right eye done. Now “recovering” at home. I go in for the “day after” check up tomorrow. Then again in two weeks. That one also is the pre-op appt for the second eye. Then I have the second one done and a couple of follow ups later I’m done.

Surgery was easy (for me). Anesthesia was light,..awake the whole time. Up fast and out the door quickly.

Slam bam thank ye ma’am.

Wearing a patch & eye shield.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 7:45 pm

Glad to hear that it went well. At least eye patches are cool and make you look like a pirate!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
riff raff

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 9:09 pm

My mom had it done 15 years ago, she's 91 now, no glasses needed, reading or other. I'm 57 with bifocals.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
History Prof 1861

History Prof 1861

Registration date : 2016-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 9:19 pm

I second the pirate look...

Seriously glad your surgery went well praying for a speedy recovery.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 9:40 pm

I'm glad the surgery went well. Hopefully it will be the same for the other eye.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SourMilk

SourMilk

Registration date : 2018-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 10:35 pm

Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse Snake-10

Good news!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 10:50 pm

Glad to hear it went well. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 5:45 am

Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse A1a3gm10
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 11:28 am

So...I’m a Snake, eh? Nice.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 12:48 pm

That's it! Snake Pliskin, yes? Dashing! P )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 1:15 pm

Nice one BH. You'll not look back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 1:15 pm

My wife had this done recently as well. Both you and she tell me about being awake the whole time. I just think being awake while someone's messing with my eye would freak me out to no end!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse   Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 2:04 pm

Zanaspus wrote:
My wife had this done recently as well. Both you and she tell me about being awake the whole time. I just think being awake while someone's messing with my eye would freak me out to no end!

I pretty much guar-ron-tee that with the eye drops they put in you are TOTALLY numb plus with the IV fentanyl and midazolam they use you are really not anxious in the least. I mean, terrorists could storm into the OR shooting and blowing things up and even if shrapnel hit your eye you wouldn’t feel it and really wouldn’t give a damn.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Bionic Eyes for Blackhorse
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: