HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Salt n Straw Ice Cream

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Salt n Straw Ice Cream Empty
PostSubject: Salt n Straw Ice Cream   Salt n Straw Ice Cream EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 12:16 am

Took my boy out for a family ‘burgers & beer’ birthday thing. The small neighborhood pub we went to (The Grain and Gristle) had amazing burgers (I added bleu cheese to mine). Both my son and I chose a pint of “The Enforcer” crafted by Montevilla Brew Works in Portland. It’s described as: “Imperial Stout brewed with six international malts and Amarillo hops. Smooth, soft carbonation allows chocolate and roasted malts to shine. Very drinkable and mellow body despite its formidable strength.” What a great time.

Afterwards we went over to the Salt n Straw ice cream shop to take ourselves to the edge with some craft level ice cream. They are known for their “unique” flavors. I had a bowl with two scoops...Bleu Cheese with Pear...and...Honey Lavender. Both were amazing and over the top delicious.

I feel like a Sarlacc into which Jabba has thrown one to many prisoners.

Salt n Straw Ice Cream D6bddf10Salt n Straw Ice Cream 29400910Salt n Straw Ice Cream 114e6110Salt n Straw Ice Cream Ddb39b10Salt n Straw Ice Cream Cf77ce10Salt n Straw Ice Cream Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Salt n Straw Ice Cream   Salt n Straw Ice Cream EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 1:04 am

Bleu cheese and pear ice cream actually sounds pretty awesome. And that beer sounds amazing as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Salt n Straw Ice Cream   Salt n Straw Ice Cream EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 4:13 am

The Honey Lavender was crazy good too. We have a big Lavender bush by our front door and the flavor/aroma is just the same.

Salt n Straw Ice Cream D6bddf10Salt n Straw Ice Cream 29400910Salt n Straw Ice Cream 114e6110Salt n Straw Ice Cream Ddb39b10Salt n Straw Ice Cream Cf77ce10Salt n Straw Ice Cream Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Salt n Straw Ice Cream   Salt n Straw Ice Cream EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 3:57 pm

Oh yah, that all sounds awesome! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Salt n Straw Ice Cream   Salt n Straw Ice Cream EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 7:43 pm

Odd combinations but sound like they work in practice. I'd sign on for testing but rarely eat ice cream anymore.

Cheers,

RR

Salt n Straw Ice Cream Purple11x 2Salt n Straw Ice Cream Bombx10  Salt n Straw Ice Cream Bombx5Salt n Straw Ice Cream D6bddf10 Salt n Straw Ice Cream 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Salt n Straw Ice Cream   Salt n Straw Ice Cream EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 10:15 am

That's some crazy ice cream flavors. I was just looking at their website. That is some serious creativity.

We have a local independent down that street that made the news including Good Day America, which is amazing since this guy is in the Wake county of NC. He sells an ice cream you are required to sign a wavier to get. It is made with Carolina Reaper peppers. Buddy of mine wanted a sample and he still had to sign the waiver! And yes it will light you up. Place is slammed packed all the time in the small little space off a highway between towns. Best ice cream I have ever had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Salt n Straw Ice Cream
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Kitchen & The Speakeasy-
Jump to: