HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Sadness turns to hopefulness

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Sadness turns to hopefulness    Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:23 pm

Sadly the Ingo Garbe Lovat estate pipe I purchased had developed a soft spot under the cake which was not seen. The first smoke was fine and incredibly dry. When I smoked the pipe 5 days later in the rotation I felt a hot spot where I had my thumb so when I cleaned it out after it cooled I noticed what looked like a burnout in progress.

I notified the dealer and he asked me to send it back and once he inspected it he agreed it was a burnout in progress and offered me a full refund. I thanked him for his exceptional customer service on the pipe and told him how sad I was that this happened since Id never had anything Ive purchased from him develop anything and it was easy to see how this could not be seen since it had a cake and smoked very well.

He did have a few other pipes by Ingo Garbe all estates but one was unsmoked and I asked if he would place the refund toward purchasing that pipe, he agreed and I am in process of getting the payment to him.

May I introduce my new Ingo Garbe.
banjo

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Sadness turns to hopefulness    Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:52 pm

Well, bummer that your pipe developed a burn out, but the way it was handled speaks volumes for your dealer. Hope you enjoy your new pipe and have much better luck with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Sadness turns to hopefulness    Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:05 pm

Sorry about the burnout. I hope that new pipe smokes great. It's a great looking pipe also!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Sadness turns to hopefulness    Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:59 am

I like that pipe...a lot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sadness turns to hopefulness
Page 1 of 1