HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Added a Meerschaum to the Collection

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

Added a Meerschaum to the Collection Empty
PostSubject: Added a Meerschaum to the Collection   Added a Meerschaum to the Collection EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 4:48 pm

I have added my first meerschaum pipe to the collection.  This latticed bent bulldog with sterling silver mount was made to order by Huseyin Cor in Turkey, after I received some stellar feedback from some fellow pipers about the quality of his work.  The draw is wide open, which is contrary to my previous experience with meerschaum pipes.  I've just put my first bowl down, and I'm very satisfied with the smoking experience.  This little baby comes in at 4.5 inches, and weighs 42 g.  Thought I'd share a picture with the brothers and sisters here on B.O.B.

Sweet smokes,

BB

Added a Meerschaum to the Collection Meersc11
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Added a Meerschaum to the Collection   Added a Meerschaum to the Collection EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 7:22 pm

Good looker ya' got there!!! Latweed/Orientals mixed with Ginnyweed in a Meer is one smooth smoke. Just made for each other, IMHO anyway!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Added a Meerschaum to the Collection   Added a Meerschaum to the Collection EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 7:31 pm

That is a beaut! I keep eyeballing one kind of like that, not made to order but the style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Added a Meerschaum to the Collection   Added a Meerschaum to the Collection EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 8:42 pm

ftrplt wrote:
Good looker ya' got there!!! Latweed/Orientals mixed with Ginnyweed in a Meer is one smooth smoke. Just made for each other, IMHO anyway!! cheers FTRPLT

I will certainly take that recommendation into consideration and run with it. I'm looking forward to trying a number of different blends in this thing. It's my understanding that meerschaum doesn't carry a ghost the way Briar does, and gives a truer flavor. Hopefully this will make a great vehicle for tasting lots of different things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Added a Meerschaum to the Collection   Added a Meerschaum to the Collection EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 8:43 pm

I agree. A meer does wonders for English blends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Added a Meerschaum to the Collection   Added a Meerschaum to the Collection EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 8:59 pm

Great looking meer there Loren.

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Added a Meerschaum to the Collection Purple11x 2Added a Meerschaum to the Collection Bombx10Added a Meerschaum to the Collection BombAdded a Meerschaum to the Collection BombAdded a Meerschaum to the Collection D6bddf10 Added a Meerschaum to the Collection 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Added a Meerschaum to the Collection   Added a Meerschaum to the Collection EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 11:40 pm

Guess I'm late to the party but I must say that is a fine looking pipe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Added a Meerschaum to the Collection
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: PAD & TAD-
Jump to: