HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Earls Court pipes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ontariopiper

ontariopiper

Registration date : 2015-03-10

Earls Court pipes Empty
PostSubject: Earls Court pipes   Earls Court pipes EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 5:51 pm

HI folks,

I'm working on an estate pipe restoration and I'm trying to figure out what I've got here.

The pipe is stamped "EARLS COURT" over "LONDON MADE" on the left flank and "LONDON ENGLAND" on the right.

Coming up empty on both Pipedia.org and Pipephil,eu, and Google searches return a host of hits related to Earl's Court, the street, in London.

Anyone familiar with this brand? The pipe I'm working on is a nicely made Prince shape, without fills or other flaws in the briar. I'm guessing it was made by one of the big pipe houses in London, but there's no shape number or other identifying stamp on which to build that claim.

Thanks in advance. Pics of the pipe:

Earls Court pipes 20190112

Earls Court pipes 20190110

Earls Court pipes 20190111
Back to top Go down
http://www.dadspipes.com
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

Earls Court pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earls Court pipes   Earls Court pipes EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 11:23 pm

Could there possibly be any tobacco shops on Earls Court? Maybe it's a house brand of a shop there. I don't know, just wondering. I have a pipe stamped "English pipe shop". When I googled it, I got that name in London of a pipe shop, and also one that closed down in Chicago, Ill. Question
Back to top Go down
ontariopiper

ontariopiper

Registration date : 2015-03-10

Earls Court pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earls Court pipes   Earls Court pipes EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 10:58 am

Corncobcon wrote:
Could there possibly be any tobacco shops on Earls Court?  Maybe it's a house brand of a shop there.  I don't know, just wondering.  I have a pipe stamped "English pipe shop".  When I googled it, I got that name in London of a pipe shop, and also one that closed down in Chicago, Ill.  Question

This could very well be the case, Corncobcon. I have gotten search hits on tobacconists on Earls Court Rd, but so far haven't found a link to the pipe brand.

The hunt continues!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dadspipes.com
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Earls Court pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earls Court pipes   Earls Court pipes EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 2:02 pm

The stampings are deep and crisp, telling me anyway!) this is a well-made pipe. You might consider going thru Pipepedia, etc. and just reviewing the various stampings. Tedious, but you might find something similar. Nice, square, sharp stamping/s will be easy to see, just a time-consuming exercise!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down

Earls Court pipes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: fishnbanjo & Friends Pipe Rack :: Pipe History-
Jump to: