HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Oh oh...binge buying here.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Oh oh...binge buying here.  Empty
PostSubject: Oh oh...binge buying here.    Oh oh...binge buying here.  EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 1:40 pm

Couldn’t help myself.  My current SAK is too much a collectors item to take outdoors and abuse. I NEEDED a user.  Wink

They had me at yellow.  But another cool (to me) thing about this one is they picked back and forth between Victorinox and Wenger for the best tool design from each company.  It’s a hybrid.

The Victorinox EvoGrip 18

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HUGE260/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oh oh...binge buying here.  6cd4a710

Oh oh...binge buying here.  40549d10

Oh oh...binge buying here.  D6bddf10Oh oh...binge buying here.  29400910Oh oh...binge buying here.  114e6110Oh oh...binge buying here.  Ddb39b10Oh oh...binge buying here.  Cf77ce10Oh oh...binge buying here.  Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Oh oh...binge buying here.    Oh oh...binge buying here.  EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 1:44 pm

I've been eyeballing a Old Timer Splinter Carving knife for awhile.  That and a spoon knife.

edit: knowing me I probably need a carving glove too Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Oh oh...binge buying here.    Oh oh...binge buying here.  EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 1:56 pm

Wow.  That carving knife looks like the “Carving Jack” but for a hundred bucks less. They make a block strop thing...”Flexcut Slip Strop” that REALLY has worked well for me and might be good with that carver.

And I have a couple of really high end spoon carvers around here somewhere that are mint.  A Karlson...and another...one that you could do your own handle for.  I’d give you a good price (if I could find ‘em) but not cheap.

Oh oh...binge buying here.  7b4c3c10

Oh oh...binge buying here.  D6bddf10Oh oh...binge buying here.  29400910Oh oh...binge buying here.  114e6110Oh oh...binge buying here.  Ddb39b10Oh oh...binge buying here.  Cf77ce10Oh oh...binge buying here.  Dd692012

Last edited by Blackhorse on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Oh oh...binge buying here.    Oh oh...binge buying here.  EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 2:18 pm

I used this set for YEARS and the quality was exceptional.

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/shinwa-full-size-carving-tool-set-7-piece?via=573621f469702d06760016cd%2C5763288b69702d20ec000b2e

Oh oh...binge buying here.  647d2110

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

PostSubject: Re: Oh oh...binge buying here.    Oh oh...binge buying here.  EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 2:48 pm

ohhhh that looks like a solid set. Shape looks comfortable for carving too! Hmmm . . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

PostSubject: Re: Oh oh...binge buying here.    Oh oh...binge buying here.  EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 2:56 pm

No doubt the Flexcut is a better knife. I would likely consider that option as it seems a more comfortable grip and better steel. Still up in the air with the hook knife. Never got to try and use one! I was considering a Mora since they use good steel and generally inexpensive for a first hook knife.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Oh oh...binge buying here.    Oh oh...binge buying here.  EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 3:26 pm

Nice BH. Big fan of Victorinox here. Very good quality and practical. Interesting to see them breaking away from their traditional red.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Oh oh...binge buying here.    Oh oh...binge buying here.  EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 6:16 pm

I really like the Mora laminated carving blades...all good. I buy them, pull the blades and put new handles on. I’ve not used the Mora spoon knife. I think it would be a good first step. I got the Karlson after reading something, somewhere about the bevel of the Mora being on the wrong side of the blade for optimal work. But many, many guys find it works fine...and it’s cost can’t be beat.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Oh oh...binge buying here.
Page 1 of 1