HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Greetings from Roanoke VA

Go down 
AuthorMessage
laffyridge

laffyridge

Registration date : 2019-03-29

Greetings from Roanoke VA  Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Roanoke VA    Greetings from Roanoke VA  EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 12:40 pm

Hello folks...new to BOB, and thank you for allowing me in! Been a cigar smoker for about 20 years and dabbled with pipes back in Grad school...was in my early 30's then and still kind of a spazz...hyperactive and always in a hurry Smile I am pushing 50 now and have slowed down a bit (thank the Lord). I think that's why I never really connected with a pipe...it was too slow and my smoking cadence was cigar like and thus always had tongue bite and doddle...just didn't click with me. 20 years later and I re-tried pipe smoking (started again last year) and I AM IN LOVE! I have the blessing of being able to smoke in my office (work alone) so I am smoking throughout the day and enjoying every minute of it. I currently building my pipe collection and enjoying trying new tobaccos. Looking forward to making some new friends and learning more!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Roanoke VA    Greetings from Roanoke VA  EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 12:50 pm

You came to the right place. Glad to have you aboard sir.

Cheers,

RR

Greetings from Roanoke VA  Purple11x 2Greetings from Roanoke VA  Bombx10  Greetings from Roanoke VA  Bombx6Greetings from Roanoke VA  D6bddf10 Greetings from Roanoke VA  44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Roanoke VA    Greetings from Roanoke VA  EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 1:10 pm

Welcome to BoB, great group here and lots of info
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Roanoke VA    Greetings from Roanoke VA  EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 1:51 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laffyridge

laffyridge

Registration date : 2019-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Roanoke VA    Greetings from Roanoke VA  EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 1:58 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome gents! Smoking a not so tasty aromatic (Russ's Sugar Plum) from P&C...the title was intriguing when I ordered it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puffy

Puffy

Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Roanoke VA    Greetings from Roanoke VA  EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 2:01 pm

Welcome Aboard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Roanoke VA    Greetings from Roanoke VA  EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 5:26 pm

Welcome back after a long hiatus. You've stumbled across a pretty comfortable spot here IMO. Sit back, relax, enjoy a pipe, and enjoy the warmth, fellowship, and wisdom that the BoB community has to offer.

BB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Roanoke VA    Greetings from Roanoke VA  EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 6:26 pm

Welcome to the brotherhood!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peanubutter

peanubutter

Registration date : 2019-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Roanoke VA    Greetings from Roanoke VA  EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 7:09 pm

Welcome to the site!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Roanoke VA    Greetings from Roanoke VA  EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 7:25 pm

Welcome to BoB!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Roanoke VA    Greetings from Roanoke VA  EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 11:39 pm

Welcome to the forum sir!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Roanoke VA    Greetings from Roanoke VA  EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 7:17 am

laffyridge wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcome gents! Smoking a not so tasty aromatic (Russ's Sugar Plum) from P&C...the title was intriguing when I ordered it!

Welcome to BoB! If you are not aware of the site, tobaccoreviews.com is a good place to get at least a general idea about most tobaccos before ordering
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
History Prof 1861

History Prof 1861

Registration date : 2016-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Roanoke VA    Greetings from Roanoke VA  EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 5:56 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Roanoke VA    Greetings from Roanoke VA  EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 6:05 pm

Welcome Laffy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Roanoke VA    Greetings from Roanoke VA  EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 10:14 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Roanoke VA    Greetings from Roanoke VA  EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 12:28 pm

Used to have family in Roanoke; visited there many times way back when!! Welcome to the BoB!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Roanoke VA    Greetings from Roanoke VA  EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 6:12 pm

Welcome aboard
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Greetings from Roanoke VA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Welcome Wagon-
Jump to: