HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Cob mods and the new Bully

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Cob mods and the new Bully Empty
PostSubject: Cob mods and the new Bully   Cob mods and the new Bully EmptyThu May 02, 2019 2:20 pm

I did a few mods lately, and here's a picture next to Missouri Meerschaum's new Bulldog.

Cob mods and the new Bully Img_7410

Second from the top was a straight diplomat I round tapered the bottom to make it egg shaped, then pitched the stummel to make it bent. Third down was a straight CG I ground down to a pot, restained and added a P-lip. I still need to polish it. Fourth one I just made an Osage Orange stem. Bottom was a straight Great Dane that I pitched up to make it bent, added a new bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Cob mods and the new Bully   Cob mods and the new Bully EmptyThu May 02, 2019 2:48 pm

Nice! I guess cobs would be easy to work on. How did you get the stems out to cant them for a curved bit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Cob mods and the new Bully   Cob mods and the new Bully EmptyThu May 02, 2019 4:40 pm

Either heat them up to get the glue to melt, or just cut them off and when done redrilling the angle reinstall the shortened stummel. You'll notice the bottom pipe is shorter. It's also maple. I just made it to replace the original one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Cob mods and the new Bully   Cob mods and the new Bully EmptyFri May 03, 2019 4:35 pm

You can also stain them, as mentioned before...then you can either glaze them or not...doesn't seem to alter the smoke-ability of the pipe.
Cob mods and the new Bully 79u3YFKl
Cob mods and the new Bully IlMkzivl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Cob mods and the new Bully   Cob mods and the new Bully EmptyFri May 03, 2019 5:34 pm

I really like that pipe stand that that cob is sitting on
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Cob mods and the new Bully   Cob mods and the new Bully EmptyFri May 03, 2019 5:50 pm

arkansaspiper wrote:
I really like that pipe stand that that cob is sitting on
I believe that is an old Decatur stand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

PostSubject: Cob mods and the new Bully   Cob mods and the new Bully EmptyFri May 03, 2019 7:17 pm

Yes..yes it is a Decatur from the 60's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Cob mods and the new Bully   Cob mods and the new Bully EmptySat May 04, 2019 12:55 am

Cool stuff Wiz, glad to see you’re feeling up to a bit of shop work mate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Cob mods and the new Bully   Cob mods and the new Bully EmptySat May 04, 2019 7:41 am

Both fun and interesting. Nice work.

Cob mods and the new Bully D6bddf10Cob mods and the new Bully 29400910Cob mods and the new Bully 114e6110Cob mods and the new Bully Ddb39b10Cob mods and the new Bully Cf77ce10Cob mods and the new Bully Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

PostSubject: Cob mods and the new Bully   Cob mods and the new Bully EmptyWed May 08, 2019 8:37 pm

Decided to stain my new "bully"...used Fiebings black on the top and saddle tan on the bottom and shank.  I find that since rim char occurs in most of my cobs that a black rim would not only enhance the appearance but also hide the rim char a little better.
Made a few new tampers also...stuff from my property that I find on the ground and strip the bark off, do a little sanding to make them smooth, glaze them, but still leave the impression that they are still au natural drill the ends.  Cut a pipe nail in half and glue them in with super glue.
Cob mods and the new Bully KIFhxw2l
Cob mods and the new Bully G4nld4Ql
Cob mods and the new Bully StBEOVkl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Cob mods and the new Bully   Cob mods and the new Bully EmptyWed May 08, 2019 8:44 pm

pepesdad1 wrote:
Decided to stain my new "bully"...used Fiebings black on the top and saddle tan on the bottom and shank.  I find that since rim char occurs in most of my cobs that a black rim would not only enhance the appearance but also hide the rim char a little better.
Made a few new tampers also...stuff from my property that I find on the ground and strip the bark off, do a little sanding to make them smooth, glaze them, but still leave the impression that they are still au natural drill the ends.  Cut a pipe nail in half and glue them in with super glue.
Cob mods and the new Bully KIFhxw2l
Cob mods and the new Bully G4nld4Ql
Cob mods and the new Bully StBEOVkl

Nicely done sir! Great stuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Cob mods and the new Bully   Cob mods and the new Bully EmptyWed May 08, 2019 9:11 pm

It definitely changes the look of the Bully. The pipe tools are really neat looking also. Nice work! You need to make a pipe tool to match the Bully pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peanubutter

peanubutter

Registration date : 2019-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Cob mods and the new Bully   Cob mods and the new Bully EmptyThu May 09, 2019 4:56 pm

Nice job on the cobs. The green is real standout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Cob mods and the new Bully
Page 1 of 1