HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Old Stock Medico

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rail Man

Rail Man

Registration date : 2007-12-23

New Old Stock Medico Empty
PostSubject: New Old Stock Medico   New Old Stock Medico EmptyTue May 28, 2019 8:18 pm

While looking around an antique store I came across an unsmoked Medico “Crest” bulldog, still with the “bite-proof” sticker on the bit, $10. Couldn’t pass that price up! I have no idea on the vintage, I suspect it’s not terribly old. From what little information I could find the Crest line was produced from ‘65 to ‘93 and reintroduced in ‘05. I suspect it’s from the original line but have no way to say for sure. I’m still debating whether to smoke it or just put it on the shelf, I do like that sticker on the bit!

New Old Stock Medico Dc67c610
New Old Stock Medico 6f1cd810
New Old Stock Medico 92644c10
Back to top Go down
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: New Old Stock Medico   New Old Stock Medico EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 10:13 am

Cool!
Back to top Go down
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: New Old Stock Medico   New Old Stock Medico EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 10:47 am

Nice find! To me, one of the saddest things in life is for a tool never to find its use....SMOKE IT!
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: New Old Stock Medico   New Old Stock Medico EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 11:44 pm

I have a bent bully like that but with a large gold band. Great smoker and rather fetching looking too.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Rail Man

Rail Man

Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New Old Stock Medico   New Old Stock Medico EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 10:36 pm

I’ve been thinking about about having a pipe dedicated exclusively to 1792 not because I smoke it often but because I smoke it only on occasion and don’t really want it ghosting my other pipes. Then it occurred to me, why not this one? It was cheap and it’s an awesome shape, so I broke down and gave it a smoke. Only one bowl but it was impressive, no gurgle, smoked cool, and just a few rough spots which I’d account only to the fact it’s the first smoke in bare briar. Could do a lot worse for 10 bucks!
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: New Old Stock Medico   New Old Stock Medico EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 9:08 pm

That's a great find!
Back to top Go down

New Old Stock Medico
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: fishnbanjo & Friends Pipe Rack-
Jump to: