HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

This Peterson haunts me,

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Valdus

Valdus

Registration date : 2019-05-15

This Peterson haunts me,  Empty
PostSubject: This Peterson haunts me,    This Peterson haunts me,  EmptyTue May 28, 2019 8:51 pm

Sherlock P-Lip

I frankly can’t stop thinking of this pipe. The only turn off is that P-Lip. Don’t know it, never tried it. Anyone can tell me about Peterson and/or that PLip?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rail Man

Rail Man

Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: This Peterson haunts me,    This Peterson haunts me,  EmptyTue May 28, 2019 8:58 pm

From what I gather either you love or hate the P-Lip. Personally, it wasn’t for me, mostly because I thought the airway was too narrow, constricting the draw and making it hard to get a cleaner through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: This Peterson haunts me,    This Peterson haunts me,  EmptyTue May 28, 2019 9:09 pm

The whole point was to have the smoke go to the roof of your mouth instead of directly on your tongue.  I suppose it was a solution for puffers and tongue bite
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: This Peterson haunts me,    This Peterson haunts me,  EmptyTue May 28, 2019 9:09 pm

Just to be contrary and offer a different opinion... I like the p-lip, and have never had a problem with draw or pipe cleaners EXCEPT that you can't run one down the stem mid-smoke. They are a little different, and people seem to either like them or dislike them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Valdus

Valdus

PostSubject: Found a stand-in    This Peterson haunts me,  EmptyThu May 30, 2019 9:07 am

Found a fishtail bit but in red- still beautiful.

This Peterson haunts me,  78095f10

Now I have to stop buying pipe stuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: This Peterson haunts me,    This Peterson haunts me,  EmptyThu May 30, 2019 9:42 am

Valdus wrote:
Found a fishtail bit but in red- still beautiful.

This Peterson haunts me,  78095f10

Now I have to stop buying pipe stuff!

Good luck on that!

Wink

Cheers,

RR

This Peterson haunts me,  Purple11x 2This Peterson haunts me,  Bombx10  This Peterson haunts me,  Bombx6This Peterson haunts me,  D6bddf10 This Peterson haunts me,  44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: This Peterson haunts me,    This Peterson haunts me,  EmptyThu May 30, 2019 9:53 am

P Lip be bad. Fishtail be good. Nuff said.

This Peterson haunts me,  D6bddf10This Peterson haunts me,  29400910This Peterson haunts me,  114e6110This Peterson haunts me,  Ddb39b10This Peterson haunts me,  Cf77ce10This Peterson haunts me,  Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valdus

Valdus

PostSubject: P lip   This Peterson haunts me,  EmptyThu May 30, 2019 9:56 am

Never tried one but something said, nope!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stinger4me

Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: This Peterson haunts me,    This Peterson haunts me,  EmptyThu May 30, 2019 6:57 pm

I wasn't sure about them either in '87. There was a nice rustic one in a shop. After severl looks I spoke with the owner of the shop and made the purchase. They work for me I have three system pipes and several other Peterson pipes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveMKentucky

SteveMKentucky

Registration date : 2018-03-23

PostSubject: Nope   This Peterson haunts me,  EmptyThu May 30, 2019 8:55 pm

I do not enjoy smoking P-lips.  I have one that is smoked only rarely because it burns the roof of my mouth.

Besides, I have it on good authority that Sherlock smoked a churchwarden...Smile

This Peterson haunts me,  Ibl89z
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: This Peterson haunts me,    This Peterson haunts me,  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 10:12 am

A Peterson without a p-lip ain't a Peterson  Evil or Very Mad .  More 'nuff said   Laughing  .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valdus

Valdus

PostSubject: Re: This Peterson haunts me,    This Peterson haunts me,  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 1:07 pm

Tell Peterson that, see what they say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: This Peterson haunts me,    This Peterson haunts me,  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 1:25 pm

I have one or two with p-lips and i don't mind then at all. The draw on mine is fine and i can get a cleaner through them. They are a bit more narrow than my other stems but not still ok.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valdus

Valdus

PostSubject: Re: This Peterson haunts me,    This Peterson haunts me,  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 1:38 pm

Its coming today, will post a pic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beeman86

beeman86

Registration date : 2014-08-02

PostSubject: Re: This Peterson haunts me,    This Peterson haunts me,  EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 5:09 pm

I have 3 Petes, one with a P-lip. The P-lip pipe - a 20s shape was the first Pete I bought over 15 years ago and when I was somewhat enamored with the Peterson. I didn't like it as like someone else said, it burned the roof of my mouth. Every time I smoked it I felt I was getting a cold because of the soreness. But...I've wanted to like i tfor years so after some discussion recently, reading blogs at "Petersonpipenotes", and now being a more experience/educated smoker I gave it another try. This time I didn't mind it. I like the comfort factor of the P-lip too. I didn't get the soreness at the roof of my mouth either, however my mouth felt a bit dry - which just means I have to have a nice single malt while pipe smoking! Now, I will admit I just did this a few days ago so I want to give it fair bit more before I really decide on the P-lip.

I think the difference laid firstly in the tobacco. Some tobaccos burn hotter so I used one that I don't experience tongue bite with when using a fishtail mouth piece, ( St. Bruno Flake). On the advice of Mark from PPNs I also tried to be conscious of my cadence in drawing on the pipe.

I really hope I can solve the dry or sore palette issue as I've turned down some really lovely pipes because they have a P-lip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

This Peterson haunts me,
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: fishnbanjo & Friends Pipe Rack-
Jump to: