FishnBanjo Memorial?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Registration date : 2008-12-14

FishnBanjo Memorial? Empty
PostSubject: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 4:04 pm

It looks like our friend has passed, possibly a re-name of this part of the forum would be appropriate? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/sante-giuliani-obituary?pid=193186032&fbclid=IwAR2qwTHzMmABhnqOCEbgSUXjJP4bSiYBbFrVXKXPOueTjHCqwmVgje5rl1Y

Back to top Go down
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 5:38 pm

Oh no! This is sad news. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 6:04 pm

Wow. Words cannot convey how I feel.

Sad

No Cheers,

RR

edit: Just stickied this.

FishnBanjo Memorial? Purple11x 2FishnBanjo Memorial? Bombx10  FishnBanjo Memorial? Bombx8 FishnBanjo Memorial? D6bddf10 FishnBanjo Memorial? 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d FishnBanjo Memorial? Cowboy13

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Brewdude
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 7:34 pm

Sasquatch wrote:
It looks like our friend has passed, possibly a re-name of this part of the forum would be appropriate?   Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/sante-giuliani-obituary?pid=193186032&fbclid=IwAR2qwTHzMmABhnqOCEbgSUXjJP4bSiYBbFrVXKXPOueTjHCqwmVgje5rl1Y

Sas, we re-named it a while ago. And long may it continue to be known.

Cheers,

RR

FishnBanjo Memorial? Purple11x 2FishnBanjo Memorial? Bombx10  FishnBanjo Memorial? Bombx8 FishnBanjo Memorial? D6bddf10 FishnBanjo Memorial? 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d FishnBanjo Memorial? Cowboy13

Back to top Go down
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 8:07 pm

I am saddened, but not shocked...he was a hero, a true hero...He, like many of his brothers in arms, paid the ultimate price for his efforts in Viet Nam. He was always a man whom despised advertising what he did for others...he enjoyed his pipes and tobacco, and he enjoyed the companionship of the forums.
He will be missed...a man of rare talent...he gave it all...to his country and his friends...I like to think I was blessed to have known him...he was a truly special person....as I said before, he will be missed.

Rest in peace, brother.

Walt
Back to top Go down
peanubutter

peanubutter

Registration date : 2019-01-20

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 8:35 pm

Oh, my! I am sad to hear that news.
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 10:05 pm

Sad news.

I will miss his posts. Sante was a warm and charming character with impeccable taste in briar.

RIP fishnbanjo.
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 10:58 pm

Dammit. I'm gonna miss you Sante.
Back to top Go down
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 11:14 pm

Sante and I were very close friends. I noticed him declining bit by bit over the past four years, to the point where he was unable to speak to anyone on the telephone. He was a great man who fought several cancers, and other illnesses related to exposure to Agent Orange in Viet Nam. Later, he worked on nuclear sub-marines. He was one the world's best known fly fishermen.

Sante was an exceptionally generous man. He gave more to his fellow pipers than most forum members: pounds and pounds of tobaccos, many pipes (briars and meers), and other related accessories. He turned me on HU blends back in 2012, and in turn, I turned a bunch of people on to them. Sante jokingly said, "You took my job away from me". A few months ago, he surprised me with a 1960s Andreas Bauer Sultan face meer. Sante said it was, "A sultan for the Sultan of Reviewers." He was amazingly supportive of me.

Through out all of Sante's health problems, he remained strong in spirit. For years, despite his own debilitations, Sante continued to create and lead many cancer support groups, always thinking of others who were under going similar journeys. The number of people he helped is unmeasurable. When he was first diagnosed, doctors told him he had at most, two years to live, but Sante soldiered on for 14. He told me a few years back, "The doctors can't believe I'm still alive. I told them I'm staying here because I'm going to 'shock the world' ". He damn near did.

Sante was a well read, brilliant man. He told great, funny, witty stories and loved a good laugh. "My gift is the gift of laughter. I live to make others happy." We constantly traded jokes and stories. Sante would detail his battles with me, knowing that I knew he wasn't looking for sympathy or attention. I never heard him complain or whine about the pain he suffered, or ask "Why me?" or "Woe is me." He told me everything because he knew I cared and wanted to know what was happening with him, and knew I would not express feelings of sorrow for him. That pain, until now, I kept private in my heart.

God bless you, Sante Guiliani. You were one of a kind. The bravest man I have ever known.  I don't expect I'll meet another like you again. But I did know you, and for everything there was about you, I shall be forever grateful.
Back to top Go down
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 11:31 pm

I sit here stunned and saddened by this heart-wrenching news Sad I didn't know Sante as well as others: however his posts and pictures were always stunningly presented. We have truly lost a kind gentleman of the briar. My sincerest condolences to his family. Sad Sad FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 1:05 am

Sad news indeed. Didn't know him well but will miss his posts.
Back to top Go down
Rmpeeps

Rmpeeps

Registration date : 2018-06-29

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 1:08 am

Saddened tonight.
RIP Sante.
To the Four Winds, and thank you, Sir.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 1:49 am

Any time a brother falls it saddens us all. This is exceptionally poignant as we were witness to his decline. Somewhat bitter sweet as he was able to indulge his passion for exceptional briars up to the end. That’s what I’ll always hold the closest...remembering his joy in finely designed and crafted pipes. I know that his sharing them here meant a great deal to him.

I agree that leaving “his” section of the forum named in his memory is appropriate.

Farewell brother. God speed you on your way.

FishnBanjo Memorial? D6bddf10FishnBanjo Memorial? 29400910FishnBanjo Memorial? 114e6110FishnBanjo Memorial? Ddb39b10FishnBanjo Memorial? Cf77ce10FishnBanjo Memorial? Dd692012FishnBanjo Memorial? Cowboy11
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 6:55 am

FishnBanjo Memorial? 48039864086_09bfca7cef_z_d

Back to top Go down
Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 7:32 am

Just for clarity, I was not suggesting changing the name of this area AWAY from a nod to Fishnbanjo, but rather that indicating he is no longer, as it were, an active member, might be appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 11:35 am

Sad. I don't know what else to say. It's fun to read that he was prolific in many ways, so thank you, JimInks. It's great to hear about genuine goodness.
Back to top Go down
Zanaspus

Zanaspus

Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 1:05 pm

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Just got back online today. Saddened to hear of FishnBango's passing. Wonderfull write-up Jim.
Back to top Go down
SourMilk

SourMilk

Registration date : 2018-03-01

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 4:03 pm

Sad news. Rest well Sante.
Back to top Go down
Hiram-2011

Hiram-2011

Registration date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 9:13 pm

I am very saddened to read this. Although having never met Sante, I very much enjoyed talking about pipes and tobacco with him. A true brother and fine man has been lost. RIP brother.
Back to top Go down
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 12:37 am

I am stunned by this news, I’m currently having a bowl in my olive wood pipe in memory of Sante. Never met the man but feel like I know him well, in my mind he’s the cool uncle I never had growing up. RIP mate.

Thanks for sharing that Jim, much appreciated here.
Back to top Go down
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Our friend Banjo has passed   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 9:10 am

I suppose many have already heard that our friend Banjo passed away last Monday; I'm told that he was found unresponsive on his lawn after enjoying his last pipe, as he would have wished it I'm sure. He was a kind, generous and helpful man, a friend to all fly fishers, pipe smokers, and many others I'm sure. Godspeed Banjo; you will be missed.
Back to top Go down
SteveMKentucky

SteveMKentucky

Registration date : 2018-03-23

PostSubject: Wonderful   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 12:01 pm

JimInks wrote:
Sante and I were very close friends. I noticed him declining bit by bit over the past four years, to the point where he was unable to speak to anyone on the telephone. He was a great man who fought several cancers, and other illnesses related to exposure to Agent Orange in Viet Nam. Later, he worked on nuclear sub-marines. He was one the world's best known fly fishermen.

Sante was an exceptionally generous man. He gave more to his fellow pipers than most forum members: pounds and pounds of tobaccos, many pipes (briars and meers), and other related accessories. He turned me on HU blends back in 2012, and in turn, I turned a bunch of people on to them. Sante jokingly said, "You took my job away from me". A few months ago, he surprised me with a 1960s Andreas Bauer Sultan face meer. Sante said it was, "A sultan for the Sultan of Reviewers." He was amazingly supportive of me.

Through out all of Sante's health problems, he remained strong in spirit. For years, despite his own debilitations, Sante continued to create and lead many cancer support groups, always thinking of others who were under going similar journeys. The number of people he helped is unmeasurable. When he was first diagnosed, doctors told him he had at most, two years to live, but Sante soldiered on for 14. He told me a few years back, "The doctors can't believe I'm still alive. I told them I'm staying here because I'm going to 'shock the world' ". He damn near did.

Sante was a well read, brilliant man. He told great, funny, witty stories and loved a good laugh. "My gift is the gift of laughter. I live to make others happy." We constantly traded jokes and stories. Sante would detail his battles with me, knowing that I knew he wasn't looking for sympathy or attention. I never heard him complain or whine about the pain he suffered, or ask "Why me?" or "Woe is me." He told me everything because he knew I cared and wanted to know what was happening with him, and knew I would not express feelings of sorrow for him. That pain, until now, I kept private in my heart.

God bless you, Sante Guiliani. You were one of a kind. The bravest man I have ever known.  I don't expect I'll meet another like you again. But I did know you, and for everything there was about you, I shall be forever grateful.

Wonderful tribute. It's a sad time indeed.
Back to top Go down
Fight'n Hampsters

Fight'n Hampsters

Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 2:40 pm

Sad to hear this news! Sad
Back to top Go down
Rail Man

Rail Man

Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: FishnBanjo Memorial?   FishnBanjo Memorial? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 3:43 pm

Really sad to hear about his passing, it’s not going to be quite the same without seeing how fishnbanjo is keeping it smokey
Back to top Go down

FishnBanjo Memorial?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: fishnbanjo & Friends Pipe Rack-
Jump to: