HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Dan's Salty Dogs at TobaccoPipes

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

Dan's Salty Dogs at TobaccoPipes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan's Salty Dogs at TobaccoPipes   Dan's Salty Dogs at TobaccoPipes - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 3:13 pm

DrT999 wrote:
You can always easily peel a layer off and cut that up as you please.
You don't want to do that with pressed blocks. I believe it was Mr.Pease who commented on someone recommending doing this, and he said that when blocks are made, they're done in layers, so if you peel off a layer, you aren't experiencing the entire blend. He said to always cut, or break downward, through the block to experience it how the blenders intended.

If someone remembers differently, please correct me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveMKentucky

SteveMKentucky

Registration date : 2018-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Salty Dogs at TobaccoPipes   Dan's Salty Dogs at TobaccoPipes - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 3:49 pm

Zeno Marx wrote:
DrT999 wrote:
You can always easily peel a layer off and cut that up as you please.
You don't want to do that with pressed blocks.  I believe it was Mr.Pease who commented on someone recommending doing this, and he said that when blocks are made, they're done in layers, so if you peel off a layer, you aren't experiencing the entire blend.  He said to always cut, or break downward, through the block to experience it how the blenders intended.

If someone remembers differently, please correct me.

That actually makes a great deal of sense. I've always tried to cut through the layers to get a sampling of everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Salty Dogs at TobaccoPipes   Dan's Salty Dogs at TobaccoPipes - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 9:26 am

Funny stuff Geof!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Dan's Salty Dogs at TobaccoPipes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: