HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Maybe my new favorite cooking show

Go down 
AuthorMessage
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

Maybe my new favorite cooking show Empty
PostSubject: Maybe my new favorite cooking show   Maybe my new favorite cooking show EmptyMon Aug 05, 2019 1:26 am

So I have had plenty of down time here and accidentally stumbled on a YouTube channel called Cowboy Kent Rollins, I think it may be my new favorite cooking show. He does most everything out of an old fashioned wagon kitchen with a big ole wood burning stove. If you have a chance and like to watch cooking show I recommend checking it out, he has a great personality as well.

https://m.youtube.com/user/krollins57/videos
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Maybe my new favorite cooking show   Maybe my new favorite cooking show EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 10:39 pm

He is a real character. He also turns out some really good looking food especially considering the conditions under which he cooks. That takes years of practice.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Maybe my new favorite cooking show   Maybe my new favorite cooking show EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 11:27 pm

I’ve been following him for a couple months now. I found him by searching for cooking with Dutch ovens and cowboy coffee. That guy can cook some amazing looking stuff and outside too on a fire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peanubutter

peanubutter

Registration date : 2019-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Maybe my new favorite cooking show   Maybe my new favorite cooking show EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 10:11 pm

And he beat Bobby Flay, if I remember correctly, doing chicken fried steaks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valdus

Valdus

Registration date : 2019-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Maybe my new favorite cooking show   Maybe my new favorite cooking show EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 3:06 pm

I hope to be buried in well-seasoned cast iron, with a small horde of Viking shooting at my litter as it floats away on the currents.

Yes, he is great. And his assistant is well-seasoned as well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valdus

Valdus

Registration date : 2019-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Maybe my new favorite cooking show   Maybe my new favorite cooking show EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 3:10 pm

peanubutter wrote:
And he beat Bobby Flay, if I remember correctly, doing chicken fried steaks.

My favorite dish of all time. But keep that white swamp stuff far FAR to the side!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Maybe my new favorite cooking show   Maybe my new favorite cooking show EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm

Youtube is the best cooking channel at the moment. You can actually learn technique, chemistry, and real recipes...like you were once able to do on Food Network/Food TV. The only cooking show I enjoy now on TV is Milk Street on PBS (and also now on youtube).

Check out the Bon Appetit channel on youtube. They have several different series, from deconstructing classic candies and snacks to Korean recipes to Mexican recipes to grow culture (yeasts and breads) to probably things I don't even know about yet. And the cooks are fun people who never thought they'd be on camera. They aren't looking to be the next pop chef. I've picked up a few great recipes from them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Maybe my new favorite cooking show
Page 1 of 1