HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Couple of new items to try

Go down 
AuthorMessage
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

Couple of new items to try Empty
PostSubject: Couple of new items to try   Couple of new items to try EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 9:58 pm

Picked up a tin of McConnell's Scottish Cake and a tin of Holger Danske Original Orange. Don't smoke aromatics often anymore but I'm always looking for a less offensive tobacco to smoke around others.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: they   Couple of new items to try EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 10:45 pm

Good for you. Those are two I've never tried.

Speaking of not trying to be too offensive around others...

How come "others" always complain about cigars and pipes, but it doesn't seem to bother them when they are around cigarette smokers? It ticks me off. When we have neighborhood gatherings, I leave my pipe at home because of complaints from others, but there are always the five or so cigarette smokers there, and nobody complains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Couple of new items to try   Couple of new items to try EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 1:53 am

Corncobcon wrote:
Good for you.  Those are two I've never tried.

How come "others" always complain about cigars and pipes, but it doesn't seem to bother them when they are around cigarette smokers?  It ticks me off.  When we have neighborhood gatherings, I leave my pipe at home because of complaints from others, but there are always the five or so cigarette smokers there, and nobody complains.

Who knows? I see the same thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Couple of new items to try   Couple of new items to try EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 6:21 am

Ozark Wizard wrote:
Corncobcon wrote:
Good for you.  Those are two I've never tried.

How come "others" always complain about cigars and pipes, but it doesn't seem to bother them when they are around cigarette smokers?  It ticks me off.  When we have neighborhood gatherings, I leave my pipe at home because of complaints from others, but there are always the five or so cigarette smokers there, and nobody complains.

Who knows? I see the same thing.

My guess, cigarettes may smell worse than most pipe tobaccos and cigars (although that's subjective), but they do all smell stronger. That could be a factor
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Couple of new items to try   Couple of new items to try EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 8:13 am

Folks smokes cigarettes and I don't know what chemicals they do them but they don't smell like tobacco anymore.

Switching off cigars to pipe I noticed my car does not smell like an ashtray anymore. Playing poker with cigar smokers and lit up MacBaren Navy Flake and one dude that ribbed me for smoking a pipe said, "Man that smells so good!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Couple of new items to try   Couple of new items to try EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 12:07 pm

Conrad my guess is that its just conditioning. Most people ignore cig smokers when there are much more visible pipe or cigar smokers. Similar to people and diesel trucks the smoke is more visible therefore it must be worse. Even though the diesel actually puts out fewer emissions its much more visible and people really rip on that.

The HD Original Orange is actually a rather nice mostly VA blend. The black cavindish is at most 20-25% of the blend. I was expecting it to be much worse but its very inoffensive not sticky or goopy either. The flavor is mostly just tobacco with a hint of orange rind. I can absolutely see me ordering this again.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Couple of new items to try   Couple of new items to try EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 1:04 pm

Who knows what it is...but I don’t know ANY cigarette smokers anymore. Maybe at $7 a pack the morons who smoked them got priced out of the market. lol. Of course, the guys that roll their own are a whole different breed...on a higher plane. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Couple of new items to try D6bddf10Couple of new items to try 29400910Couple of new items to try 114e6110Couple of new items to try Ddb39b10Couple of new items to try Cf77ce10Couple of new items to try Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Couple of new items to try   Couple of new items to try EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 2:53 pm

I like cigars. I smoke them on rare occasion. I think they're absurdly priced. It's not that I don't enjoy them. If I'm not smoking one, I cannot stand the smell. It's awful. It's been a long, long while since I was around a pipe and wasn't smoking one as well, so I don't know how that goes. Cigarette smoke generally is here and gone. It's quick to dissipate. They probably chemically designed them that way. Pipe and cigar...especially cigar...smoke lingers. And a cigar being smoked for tens and tens of minutes. The wind can be blowing at 30MPH, yet it seems to stick in the area. That certainly doesn't help with negative reactions in social situations. I don't get the impression people mind a whiff of something, but they don't appreciate being stuck within a smell.

But hey, I don't get along well with perfumes and colognes. I don't care for how 99.9999% of them smell. When I'm around people who wear them, I find them socially offensive. I'll say that for anything with cooked cabbage, too. I got sidetracked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Couple of new items to try
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: PAD & TAD-
Jump to: