HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

NE Ohio fishing spots

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lainatan

Lainatan

Registration date : 2019-09-04

NE Ohio fishing spots Empty
PostSubject: NE Ohio fishing spots   NE Ohio fishing spots EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 12:40 pm

I know, I know...leave the sacred topics like fishing spots alone.

Honestly, I've only been in NE Ohio for a little while (just moved from Central MO) and I'm having the hardest time finding a good spot to fish.

<----------- This picture was a fly fishing trip in a spot, somewhere, I don't know where, a guide took us before I moved here. I've tried for Steelhead and have a decent idea for those, but I'm looking for summer and early fall (June-Sept) places to go. I don't have a boat, and with a wife and 5 kids, I'm not in the position to be using a guide out on Lake Erie all the time.

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: NE Ohio fishing spots   NE Ohio fishing spots EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 7:26 pm

JMJ, don't have any recs for you as such. I used to be based in SE WI and fished on many lakes "up north" as we liked to call it. Never made it to the Chippewa flowage (or just "the flowage" as it was referred to) where there used to be way great Walleye fishing.

Me, I drowned a lot of worms in NE WI on various lakes. Tried for the ever elusive Musky but never hooked into one. Yet on one day at Kentuck Lake with 4 of us in the boat 2 of them snagged legal ones. Not trophies but decent.

Your avatar pic shows you displaying a Northern. Am I right? We used to call them snakes. They fought pretty good but they were crap for eating due to too many bones, even with filleting.

Cheers,

RR

NE Ohio fishing spots Purple11x 2NE Ohio fishing spots Bombx10  NE Ohio fishing spots Bombx6NE Ohio fishing spots D6bddf10 NE Ohio fishing spots 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Lainatan

Lainatan

PostSubject: Re: NE Ohio fishing spots   NE Ohio fishing spots EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 9:05 pm

Yup it was a decent sized Northern close to 36 or more inches. Caught her on a flyrod which was an interesting fight to say the least. The day before we were out slinging even larger flys hunting some Musky and my buddy had one at the boat doing the figure 8 on a 46-50 inch monster. He snapped a few times but never caught the hook—-quite the rush. I was actually born in WI myself....central west side and lived way “up Nort” in Cable as a kid before we moved to MO. Always wanted to get back and see what some of the fishin holes look and fish like now that I’ve moved on from drowning worms for sunnys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: NE Ohio fishing spots   NE Ohio fishing spots EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 10:08 pm

I can't help you with fishing spots in Ohio. Why not come back to Missouri and fish in the Ozarks! Smile

<<< I fish on the dock in my avatar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lainatan

Lainatan

PostSubject: Re: NE Ohio fishing spots   NE Ohio fishing spots EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 5:51 am

Very nice. I’m sure I will be back for a visit from time to time. I have fished the Lake several times, out on a boat but mostly from shore. When I was stationed at Whiteman I would pop down there almost every time I was off. Did pretty well, mostly Bass. My Dad’s place has a pond with tons of fish, and some of the biggest Crappie I’ve ever seen. One of my most favorite places to go though was Montauk State Park. Loved the area and I caught both of my biggest trout there: 4.5 lb Rainbow and my 6 lb 7 oz Brown trout (she’s on the wall, I’ll include a picture of my Dad’s place and my big Brown. The Rainbow got eaten and the only picture was before I had a camera phone. LoL)

(Big Brown trout, My Dad’s pond with my son fishing, and proof of the massive Crappie)

NE Ohio fishing spots 4ee0de10
NE Ohio fishing spots Cd36ee10
NE Ohio fishing spots 7866f810
Back to top Go down
View user profile

NE Ohio fishing spots
Page 1 of 1