HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My pipe collection

Go down 
AuthorMessage
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

My pipe collection Empty
PostSubject: My pipe collection   My pipe collection EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 11:30 am

Just wanted to show off my pelt collection as it stands today. It has grown much faster than anticipated (possibly thanks to this group). Before I joined BoB almost one year ago (one year will be in October) I had 7 pipes, my how they grow.

My pipe collection 20190928
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

My pipe collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My pipe collection   My pipe collection EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 12:58 pm

Sweet!

Cool

Cheers,

RR

My pipe collection Purple11x 2My pipe collection Bombx10  My pipe collection Bombx7My pipe collection D6bddf10 My pipe collection 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

My pipe collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My pipe collection   My pipe collection EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 1:18 pm

Very nice collection there! I admire your taste!
Back to top Go down
History Prof 1861

History Prof 1861

Registration date : 2016-10-16

My pipe collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My pipe collection   My pipe collection EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 2:18 pm

That is an awesome setup there!
Back to top Go down
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

My pipe collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My pipe collection   My pipe collection EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 3:19 pm

So what do you like/dislike with the P-Lip? I don't own a P-Lip and wonder what your thoughts on how it affects mouthfeel.
Back to top Go down
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

My pipe collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My pipe collection   My pipe collection EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 3:29 pm

GeoffC wrote:
So what do you like/dislike with the P-Lip?   I don't own a P-Lip and wonder what your thoughts on how it affects mouthfeel.

I enjoy the P-Lip ad much as the standard. I find that the shape makes it a bit awkward to clench since it does feel more narrow. It's not something that I look for or try to avoid.
Back to top Go down
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

My pipe collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My pipe collection   My pipe collection EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 5:20 pm

I've had a relatively large collection and then only a handful. The only difference [I found] is that one took up more space than the other. Bigger isn't always better. But I also find it very easy to get rid of pipes that fail on the utilitarian scale. If they aren't great smokers, then I feel little connexion to them on any level. Bye-Bye. I won't miss ya. Brand, rarity, aesthetics, and the other markers are distant to the the quality of smoke. I wish I was like that with other things.

My point is that everyone has a different perspective. DUH. It's so very easy to get sucked into the accumulation game, but hey, if they satisfy enough on any level, then why not? And the learning curve is so huge and vast to a new smoker, why not go a little haywire? Well, the only reason I'd answer my own question there is that often, too many options isn't the best way to gain knowledge of something. An inch deep and a mile wide isn't always productive.
Back to top Go down
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

My pipe collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My pipe collection   My pipe collection EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 6:06 pm

By my calculations, applying the mathematical formula using the PAD constant? (p=P^2 x $), you should be right around 36 by this time next year. Smile

Thanks for sharing the collection with us.
Back to top Go down
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

My pipe collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My pipe collection   My pipe collection EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 7:04 pm

Zeno Marx wrote:
I've had a relatively large collection and then only a handful.  The only difference [I found] is that one took up more space than the other.  Bigger isn't always better.  But I also find it very easy to get rid of pipes that fail on the utilitarian scale.  If they aren't great smokers, then I feel little connexion to them on any level.  Bye-Bye.  I won't miss ya.  Brand, rarity, aesthetics, and the other markers are distant to the the quality of smoke.  I wish I was like that with other things.

My point is that everyone has a different perspective.  DUH.  It's so very easy to get sucked into the accumulation game, but hey, if they satisfy enough on any level, then why not?  And the learning curve is so huge and vast to a new smoker, why not go a little haywire?  Well, the only reason I'd answer my own question there is that often, too many options isn't the best way to gain knowledge of something.  An inch deep and a mile wide isn't always productive.

I swore I wasn't going to collect. A year and a half ago I only had 5-6 pipes since 1997. I think I have tripled that now. What happened is I pretty much stopped the whole cigar thing. Been smoking cigars since '91 and pipe in phases since '97. So smoking more and then a good friend let me try the aged stuff and his pipes were amazing and even has a Lars, Nana and is good friends with Jeff Allen among many other carvers. Quality briar, some from Momo, were light as a feather. Thin bits made smoking a pleasure. So I recently have been moving upward to better pipes.
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

My pipe collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My pipe collection   My pipe collection EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 10:11 pm

Nice collection! That two-tier rack is sharp!
Back to top Go down

My pipe collection
Page 1 of 1