HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does anyone remember George Dibos?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bub

Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Does anyone remember George Dibos? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone remember George Dibos?   Does anyone remember George Dibos? EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 4:50 pm

He was an active member of the BOB
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember George Dibos?   Does anyone remember George Dibos? EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 7:23 pm

George is still around although not active here on BoB. It would be inappropriate for me to say more.

Cheers,

RR

Does anyone remember George Dibos? Purple11x 3Does anyone remember George Dibos? Bombx10Does anyone remember George Dibos? Bombx10  Does anyone remember George Dibos? D6bddf10 Does anyone remember George Dibos? 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Does anyone remember George Dibos? Cowboy13Does anyone remember George Dibos? 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
riff raff

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember George Dibos?   Does anyone remember George Dibos? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 10:32 pm

George has a habit of drifting in and out of various pipe forums. He's the man when it comes to pipe stems, there's no one better (in the world?).
Back to top Go down
LL

LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember George Dibos?   Does anyone remember George Dibos? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 3:06 pm

Yo.  Very Happy

I indeed drift in and out of forums.  The primary reason being the arrival of one (or several) massively enthusiastic "carpet bombers" who post 15-20, even 30 (!) times a day, derailing existing conversations and digging up dead horse threads by the dozen.  The din goes on for months, sometimes a year or two, then they disappear.

How long the quiet lasts varies.  But another CB Crew invariably shows up and the cycle repeats.

They aren't "bad" people, it's just human nature doing its thing with a "convection style" hobby---people are constantly losing interest in pipes at the same time others are discovering them---but the conversational bus being steered by a never ending supply of newbies can definitely be frustrating to us Oldsters who started on boards before the World Wide Web even existed (it was called Usenet).

Ahhh...  Such is the digital life, right?    Twisted Evil

The limitations of written communication are also a Forum Problem.

Example:

Does anyone remember George Dibos? Word-Emphasis-Changes-Meaning

The only response to that is either excessive/oppressive moderation Melvin Board-style, or let the fires start and hope not too many people are lost.

In short, like shopping malls, threaded forums became victims of their own fundamentally flawed design.  

You guys seem to have found your way to an extended period of intelligent, informed, good-humored conversation, though---a quiet park with a pond, some picnic tables, and shade trees---so I thought I'd check back in.

Besides, the world will soon be ending with Coronazilla on the rampage.  Just check the news.  Those guys never lie or exaggerate.
Back to top Go down
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember George Dibos?   Does anyone remember George Dibos? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

FWIW, I do remember you! Nice to hear from you again, Latakia Lover Smile Smile cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember George Dibos?   Does anyone remember George Dibos? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 8:57 am

LL wrote:
Besides, the world will soon be ending with Coronazilla on the rampage.  Just check the news.  Those guys never lie or exaggerate.

Never. Nor would those guys use it to their personal advantage. P )

-Yak
Back to top Go down
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember George Dibos?   Does anyone remember George Dibos? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 11:05 am

Great to see you, LL. It's been a long time. I do miss a lot of the old-timers that were here when I joined up. Just like I had a ham radio Elmer you OT’s were my pipe smoking Elmer
Back to top Go down

Does anyone remember George Dibos?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Pipe Techniques-
Jump to: