HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Another Thank you for 2008's Care Package to the Troops

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Another Thank you for 2008's Care Package to the Troops   Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:15 pm

I received a letter today from a SGT Jennifer Smart from FOB Kalsu. It was mailed on the 18th of January and just got here today. She was one of the people who's address I was given by the lady that we sent all the boxes to last year in Iraq. In the letter she writes:

"My name is SGT Jennifer Smart. I am the MWR liaison for FOB Kalsu. I know it's a little unusual to see a women smoke a cigar. But cigars hold a special place in my heart.

During my first duty assignment, I had a boyfriend who was totally into cigars. He enjoyed going to the cigar shop sometimes more than hanging out with me. The night before he was suppose to leave for his 3rd deployment, we sat outside, drank some scotch, smoked some really nice cigars, and talked all night long. The next day (Valentines day and my birthday), he left for Iraq. Not even a month later he was injured by an IED. He lost his hand, an eye, and his best friend. Every time I smoke a cigar, I remember and honor him. Thank you for being a part of our lives. I appreciate your generosity.

I have handed out some of your cigars to the soldiers who are on the road all the time. Your support meant a lot to them as well.

Thank you for your support,
SGT Jennifer Smart"

Here is a copy of the picture that was sent along with the letter. This is the kind of stuff that makes it all worth it gentleman. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Another Thank you for 2008's Care Package to the Troops   Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:41 pm

That's an amazing and moving letter Mikem... thanks for sharing...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Another Thank you for 2008's Care Package to the Troops   Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:11 pm

Incredible Mike! It made me cry!

Thanks so much for giving us the update!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Doc Manhattan
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Another Thank you for 2008's Care Package to the Troops   Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Wonderful! It feels good to give these brave women and men a little enjoyment.

Mike, any chance we Brothers could arrange another wave of care packages to go out in Spring? If so, count me in!

View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Bulldog Bruce

Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Another Thank you for 2008's Care Package to the Troops   Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:39 pm

IMHO we can't give those men and woman in Iraq and Afghganistan enough, and I'm not talkin just pipes, baccy, and cigars.

Bruce

Never Forget!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kilted1
Great Scot!

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Another Thank you for 2008's Care Package to the Troops   Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:18 pm

Thanks Mike,

No matter what or where, or even wo sent them, I support the troops. cheers Let me know when the next one is taking shape I want to help out in some way., even if it's small.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Another Thank you for 2008's Care Package to the Troops   Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:00 pm

Doc Manhattan wrote:
Wonderful! It feels good to give these brave women and men a little enjoyment.

Mike, any chance we Brothers could arrange another wave of care packages to go out in Spring? If so, count me in!
We can give it a try. Last year I sent out one or two boxes around July. If there is enough interest we can see what we can do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Another Thank you for 2008's Care Package to the Troops   Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:41 am

I've got a tin or two I could share with a Brother or Sister in uniform.
Back to top Go down
RonA3597

Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Another Thank you for 2008's Care Package to the Troops   Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:55 am

Mike, I have a few pipes I will donate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Another Thank you for 2008's Care Package to the Troops
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1