HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

2009 12th Annual TAPS Pipe & Tobacco Expo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: 2009 12th Annual TAPS Pipe & Tobacco Expo   Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:17 pm

I apologize for being a little late with advertising this!

2009 Annual TAPS (Triangle Area Pipe Smokers) Pipe and Tobacco Expo

This year we are focusing on pipes and tobaccos and less on cigars, thus a slight change in the name. This is one of the best shows in the South East and you won't want to miss it!!!!!

This is the 12th year of the show and there is a change in venue from the NC State Fairgrounds to the Crabtree Valley Holiday Inn. We have used this venue before and it is very nice. Smoking will not be permitted on the show room floor but the hotel is designating a roofed patio area for smoking near the show room. Unfortunately, this is becoming an all too common occurance at pipe shows but we ain't gonna let it stop us!!!

Date: April 4th (Saturday)

Place: Crabtree Valley Holiday Inn
4100 Glenwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27612
(919) 782-8600

Time: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM

There will be: Pipes, Pipe Racks, Smoker's Accessories, Collectibles, Tobaccos, Cigars, Pipe Carvers and other Artisans, Hourly Raffles, Door Prizes for Pipe Smokers along with much much more. This year will also feature the 2009 Professional Pipe Carvers Contest.

Exhibitor Tables will be $80 each.

The TAPS show is one of the best shows in the South!

For more information or to secure a table or tables at the show please email me (Mark Hale) hale-mark@aramark.com or pipechief@nc.rr.com . If you would prefer you may also call me at (919) 730-1455.

I will gladly mail anyone interested in a table at the show a contract. Also, if you need more detailed information please don't hesitate to contact me.

Smoke well, it is the greatest revenge!

Mark Hale

P.S. I will have a table again this year that will serve as the official John Middleton Walnut sample table.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: 2009 12th Annual TAPS Pipe & Tobacco Expo   Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:10 am

See you there bounce FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bronxbill

Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: 2009 12th Annual TAPS Pipe & Tobacco Expo   Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:14 am

Mark,
I plan on being there
Bill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: 2009 12th Annual TAPS Pipe & Tobacco Expo   Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:02 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: 2009 12th Annual TAPS Pipe & Tobacco Expo   Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:49 pm

Not sure what I'll be doing that weekend as I had planned to enter my Griff in an AKC hunt test to finish her Junior Hunter Certificate. If I decide not to enter her, I'll try to make it up. Sure had lots of fun last year!

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2009 12th Annual TAPS Pipe & Tobacco Expo   Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:35 am

Dang, that's my daughter's birthday, else I might try to go. Besides, my pipe allowance'll probably be spent after New York Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: 2009 12th Annual TAPS Pipe & Tobacco Expo   Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:09 am

Ol'Dawg wrote:
Not sure what I'll be doing that weekend as I had planned to enter my Griff in an AKC hunt test to finish her Junior Hunter Certificate. If I decide not to enter her, I'll try to make it up. Sure had lots of fun last year!

Jim

Jim,

I hope you can make it up this year. I had a great time hanging out with you last year! You can help me run my table again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: 2009 12th Annual TAPS Pipe & Tobacco Expo   Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:10 am

EJinVA wrote:
Dang, that's my daughter's birthday, else I might try to go. Besides, my pipe allowance'll probably be spent after New York Very Happy .

Bring your daughter with you EJ! Nothing like a father daughter outing..... Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: 2009 12th Annual TAPS Pipe & Tobacco Expo   Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:20 am

To let everyone know, I got a call from Mike Brissett last night and he confirmed that I should receive a shipment of his pipes today to be featured at the TAPS Show this coming Saturday.

I will have a table featuring Mike Brissett pipes as well as a good selection on my own estates, Walnut samples, knives plus a few other goodies.

Look for the table with the Large Gadsden Flag hanging off the front and I will be wearing my "I Smoke and I Vote" shirt!

It is shaping up to be a grand show and I am really looking forward to seeing everyone!

Rumor has it that the most famous talked about, Dock Perry could make an appearance seeing as how I made a 13 1/2 trip last month to visit his show! Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: 2009 12th Annual TAPS Pipe & Tobacco Expo   Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:43 am

Justpipes wrote:

Rumor has it that the most famous talked about, Dock Perry could make an appearance seeing as how I made a 13 1/2 trip last month to visit his show! Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy

Dock would like nothing more than to attend. Unfortunately he's quite broke and work's been busy as hell. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: 2009 12th Annual TAPS Pipe & Tobacco Expo   Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:28 pm

Danish_Pipe_Guy wrote:
Justpipes wrote:

Dock would like nothing more than to attend. Unfortunately he's quite broke and work's been busy as hell. Mad

It was just playful and wishful thinking Dock. Very Happy I would not blame you one bit for not making that drive! The only reason that it was 13.5 hours for me to NY was swinging through Western VA to meet Eric. I probably wouldn't do it by myself but it was worth every minute of fun that Eric and I had on that trip!

I found out last night that the president of the NY Club is sharing a table with someone at our show this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: 2009 12th Annual TAPS Pipe & Tobacco Expo   Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:19 am

The Mike Brissett pipes arrived yesterday and they are some beauties! I will have them at the show this coming Saturday. Any of you folks interested in a Brissett pipe with the opportunity to see them in person better come early because I have a feeling that these babies will be flying off the table! Very Happy If I get a chance I will take a couple of teaser photos to post before Saturday.

I will also have 25 or so, maybe more, of my own estate pipes for sale that will include Rinaldo, Cavvichi, Kaywoodie, Preben Holm, Bjarne, Bosi and several others. There will also be a few knives from my knife collection that I am planning to sell. It's going to be fun and I believe I have convinced my lovely wife to come out and help me run the table! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
werewolfhands

Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Im there!   Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:14 am

I had so much fun at the show last year. I can not wait to go this sat. i love digging through the 5 dollar pipe boxes i found some great pipes in there last year.

see you guys there
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2009 12th Annual TAPS Pipe & Tobacco Expo   Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:24 am

Wish I could be there, but I'll be eating birthday cake. cheers
You fellers have a good time.
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: 2009 12th Annual TAPS Pipe & Tobacco Expo   Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:04 pm

Wish I could make it down there for a weekend of fair weather, good folk, and fine smoking. But one pipe show in a month's span is all I can justify. As the old song goes:

I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray, Hooray
But my girl would probably kill me, Okay, Okay?

View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: 2009 12th Annual TAPS Pipe & Tobacco Expo   Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:36 pm

Doc Manhattan wrote:
Wish I could make it down there for a weekend of fair weather, good folk, and fine smoking. But one pipe show in a month's span is all I can justify. As the old song goes:

I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray, Hooray
But my girl would probably kill me, Okay, Okay?

We'd sure appreciate having you Doc!

Love the song! Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

2009 12th Annual TAPS Pipe & Tobacco Expo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1