HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

GLP Piccadilly

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
glpease
Dark Lord

Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: GLP Piccadilly   Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:48 am

Hermit wrote:
glpease wrote:
Tom Clemons wrote:
tSorry Greg, but have you ever even tried Piccadilly??

I think I may have smoked a bowl or two. Wink

-glp

Was it any good? lol!

I've presently got a tin open from April, 2004. I smoked a bowl the other day, in a big-ole Drucquer/LaCroix ODA sized apple, and later, a bowl of the mixture which inspired Piccadilly in a similar pipe. I'm happy to say that whilst I do still like the progenitor a tiny bit better (it's at least 15 years old, after all, and the shag cut is splendid), the 5-years old Piccadilly delivered a delightful experience, and remains one of my faves. I'll keep all this in mind in another ten years when I get to taste Piccadilly that's as old as the B&H is now.

So, I guess, yeah. It was any good. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.glpease.com
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: GLP Piccadilly   Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:18 am

glpease wrote:

So, I guess, yeah. It was any good. Wink

Yeah, mine's pretty good too. Smile
Although the tin I'm smoking is only a year old.
But I have more "for later."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: GLP Piccadilly   Sun May 07, 2017 12:47 pm

Was looking for insights on Piccadilly and stumbled on this great discussion of insights, orientals and Balkans. Great read!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: GLP Piccadilly   Wed May 10, 2017 10:55 am

Glad someone resurrected the thread - it was a good read through...always nice to hear guys like GLP weigh in on blend archetypes and classification.

FWIW, Piccadilly is one of my favorite "English Breakfast" (to use Greg's term) smoke - it's usually one of those "yeah, it's Saturday morning and I really should get my butt in gear and mow the law, but maybe I'll just sit on the deck and have a pipe first" blends for me. Given a tin of Picadilly, EMP, SL, or any of the other usual light-English suspects to choose from, I always go to Pic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: GLP Piccadilly   Wed May 10, 2017 1:50 pm

Ian, have you had Chelsea Morning? I have a tin and prob should try it, because Picadilly just doesn't do it for me. Looking for a nice morning English.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: GLP Piccadilly   Wed May 10, 2017 2:04 pm

CM is richer (make sure you let it "breathe" for a day or two - pop the tin, let it sit, then smoke). The VA comes out much more that it does in Piccadilly, and enough Perique to give it some punch. I've never completely understood the "Morning" in the name - it doesn't strike me as a "breakfast" blend (like Pic, EMP, etc). I guess it makes sense insofar as the Latakia/Oriental is relatively light - in that way, it's a lot like EMP (or any other AM/Morning/Breakfast blend)...but the fullness/sweetness of the Virginia and the fair bit of perique kind of take it out of that category for me.

Keep in mind, there's plenty of red VA, so age makes it better. I'd crack the tin you have and give it a shot - if you like it, consider grabbing a few more tins (while we can!) and socking them away for a few years.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: GLP Piccadilly   Wed May 10, 2017 2:46 pm

Hmm, the CM sounds pretty good! Right up my wheelhouse actually. I have too many open tins as it is, though... damn. Maybe one more... Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

GLP Piccadilly
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: