HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:47 am

Mike, did you put the reading material in the passes?

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:28 am

Carlos wrote:
Mike, did you put the reading material in the passes?
Oops, I will get them to the people next on the list so that they get added to the boxes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:27 am

Egg,

I take a very sharp knife and cut off a small piece. It is packed tighter than you imagine.a little produces a lot of tobacco. I then take the coin into quarters, finally I rub it out and let it sit on a paper plate for 4-5 hrs. This allows it to breath and dry a bit. I have stuffed coins and quarters in a pipe and I have rubbed it out and smoked it, none of the above works well without letting it breathe for a bit.

Its not as bad as everyone carries on, don't be afraid. IMO its not much stronger,nicotene wise, than Cumberland. I think people mistake the incradible strength of flavor for Nicotene strength. It goes well with an extra dark roasted coffee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:11 am

The G&H versions do hit me more than the Sam Gawith versions. But then, these flavors are only done by G&H.

I take a new pair of scissors and cut around the edge of the rope. I end up with small football shaped slices that rub out easily. After cutting around, I can usually cut the end square again as it's smaller.

I have a small maple cutting board just for tobaccos. I used to slice coins. That works also. I just prefer the scissors method.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigsmoker

Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:29 am

I chewed a peice of Gawith rum rope once...... It almost killed me.... a unique smoking experience and agreed that you should smoke it in bed unless you want to sleep where you fall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:34 pm

Are the SG ropes less strong in taste than the G&H ropes?

thomas james
Italian Stallion

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:29 am

Takes: none

Sampled: none

Puts:
Arcadia
Old Ironsides
Hamborger Veermiester

Box off to JD on Tuesday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tin man
Foiled Again

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:33 am

Everything OK TJ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:48 am

<Edited Out>
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
jeepernick
Mud Flaps

Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:56 pm

Hey Eggman,

You come up for air yet. Hoping the box takes a couple more days to get here. Starting to go back together with the bathroom. Don't need too much of a distraction until it is finished. Although, a little distraction would be nice Cool .

Nick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:16 pm

Puts: Dunhill Light Flake,McClellands St. James Woods

Takes: Wessex Red Virginia, SG Chocolate Flake

Sampled: Maltese Falcon, Four Seasons, Edgeworth and Blackcherry Twist (cut a piece for later tonight)

I also put a pouch of rum & maple from Altadis(sp). I figured since there were several otc tobaccos in the box I would add this one. I realy like this blend.

Will ship out tomorrow and post confirmation # when I get it.

Thanks Mike for putting this pass on. This has to be the best box pass I have been a part of. THe samples are great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:07 pm

I just took LiL babs to mail & more since I amgoing to have to work 12 hour days for the rest of the week. Plant shut down again today because a transformer blew up. Anyway it will go out tomorrow and the deliverary confirmation # is 03071790000158386172

Enjoy jeepernick there are loads of great samples in the box. Definately try out the maltese falcon it is great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:12 pm

Man TJ put some great blends in the box. The veermiester and ironsides are great blends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:19 pm

Great pass egg!

I think TJ is scared to try any new blends, if he likes them then he has to stock up on them. Only so many coolers you can fit in a house. Laughing

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
pipetongue1
Tobacco Hoarder At Large

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:54 pm

Nice Pass Eggman!! Ken.
Pacem en Box-Pass! tongue pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thomas james
Italian Stallion

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:26 pm

jhuggett wrote:
Great pass egg!

I think TJ is scared to try any new blends, if he likes them then he has to stock up on them. Only so many coolers you can fit in a house. Laughing

The box hit over a three day weekend and we had out of towners. Most everything in it I have tried and pretty much have on hand.

My apologies to all for my apparent lack of inthusiasm. I will make it up by smoking all of the east coast box.

Jason, you are right. The reason I have 70 blends in the cellar is because of Mike.

My three puts are nicely aged and are marked for sampling so as to not be additions to Jim Bobs or Tin Bobs cellars. They are in cahoots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:30 pm

* BRILLIANT EGGMAN * !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best,
Dock
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
tin man
Foiled Again

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:37 pm

Damn! Foiled again.

Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:15 pm

Great going TJ and Eggman. Great passes. It sounds like GLP's blends are going to be a hit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thomas james
Italian Stallion

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:09 pm

It's on the way to Puffville.

0307 1790 0000 4211 3242

Only 90 miles to go. Possibly tomorrow.

Happy puffin, Jim Bob.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thomas james
Italian Stallion

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:11 pm

tin man wrote:
Damn! Foiled again.

Suspect

I completely missed that one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Tin Man was tin foiled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:07 pm

lol! lol! lol!

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
tin man
Foiled Again

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:32 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:16 pm

OK!! It's here! Very Happy

One note: The wessex burley slices tin was open and the flakes somewhat dry (perfect for smoking right now, actually). Each tin in the box was wrapped individually in paper to keep em from banging around in the box and it must have popped open as it fell right off when I unwrapped the paper. If nobody within the next couple of passes wants to claim it it might be good to turn it into a sampler tin.

I am bagging about 1 bowl each for the upcoming week's smoking of these samples:

Black Bayou Mist
Heinrich's
Maduro cut cake
Maltese falcon
Sail
G&H Scotch cake
C&D Epiphany

My takes:

C&D Purple Cow
Astley's 109

My puts are sealed tins of:

Escudo (2006)
Patriot flake (2006)
Frog Morton across the pond (50G from 2004)
Christmas Cheer 2005 (100G)

I'm also adding sample bags of Deacons Downfall from 2002 and Ashton Artisan blend.

Will pass the box off by hand to the rusty one (Tin Man) friday morning.

afro

tin man
Foiled Again

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass   Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:23 pm

I have 7 tins of WBS over here. I will be happy to "put" one in so everyone else can sample the open one.

See you on friday afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next