HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

A (not so) short hello

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: A (not so) short hello   Sun May 24, 2009 11:29 pm

Hello to all. It has been a while since my last post, but I would like to let you know that I try to catch up with BoBís postings every chance I get. Here is a short update of whatís going on:

- Additionally to my regular job, I picked up teaching again. This time it is distant learning, over the web. When the project started it seemed to be much simpler than what it turned out to be. It has been consuming most of my free time.

- With the advent of spring, the back yard started requiring constant attention. A few trees have died, mature cottonwoods and aspens. I tried to take those down myself and it all became a disaster. Now, besides having to hire a tree removal service, I also have to pay for the damage done to the neighborís fence and deck. However, there are two young trees that survived the rigors of winter and the nibbling by the deer. With a little bit of care they will turn out fine. This has consumed all of my remaining free time.

- All my hobbies are at a stand still, of course. I seldom smoke a pipe anymore, only a couple of bowls during weekends. The good news is that I picked up three new Ferndowns (Iím trying to collect all the bulldog shapes in all finishes and sizes before Les Wood retires). The bad news is that Iíve picked very little tobacco for the cellar: since the beginning of the year Iíve only accumulated 12 lb, far short of the 40 lb goal set for this year.

- Lately Iíve been smoking Fribourg and Treyer exclusively. The VA flakes are delicious. Indeed, 10 lb of this yearís purchases for the cellar have been F&T.

- I am still planning to reformulate the contents of my cellar. There are quite a few well aged blends, some of them out of production, that will be put up for sale or trade. I will try to offer them here first. Look at the Trading Post mid to late summer. (Sneak preview: there are a few tins of Edgeworth Sliced and lots of Murrayís Dunhill.)

Thatís it. Sorry for the long post. I will contribute to the forum more often when time permits. In the meanwhile, I shall remain a lurker.

ttfn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kilted1
Great Scot!

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A (not so) short hello   Sun May 24, 2009 11:36 pm

Welcome back, post when you can. My schedule with being a full time College Student again is all shot to hell too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: A (not so) short hello   Sun May 24, 2009 11:58 pm

Thanks for checking in Dottle! Sorry about your tree disaster, been there done that, ended up in the business for a while. Hope your summer slows a bit so you can relax a little!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Tennessee Dave

Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: A (not so) short hello   Mon May 25, 2009 11:07 am

Welcome back and thanks for checking in. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: A (not so) short hello   Mon May 25, 2009 3:36 pm

Good grief - 10lbs of F&T flake! 90 tins?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: A (not so) short hello   Mon May 25, 2009 10:54 pm

Muddler wrote:
Good grief - 10lbs of F&T flake! 90 tins?!

Yes, that seems a lot, doesnít it? After reading your post I had to doublecheck. I counted 53 tins of Special Brown Flake, 22 tins of Vintage, and 10 of Cut Virginia Plug. Thatís 85 tins, less than 10 pounds. It seems that I smoked more of it than I thought.

The remaining are 14 tins of McConnell Oriental and 18 of Tree Mixture, so the total is actually closer to 13 pounds. Iíve been buying them in monthly orders of about 20 tins, and the Tree Mixture was my Valentineís Day present from my lovely wife (plus one of the Ferndowns).

Talking about presents, for Fathers Day I would like to get one of these, but finding one has become an extremely difficult task.

Best to all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A (not so) short hello
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1