HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Other knives

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Other knives   Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:35 am

What about sheath knives? Anyone have a favorite? Here are couple of mine; a Marble's (not sure of the model; I don't think they offer this blade any more) and a Randall Trout and Bird:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tennessee Dave

Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Other knives   Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:55 am

I have an AC Warren drop point with an Osselik handle that is my pride and joy. I'll post a photo later. Both of those you posted are outstanding the Randall is really something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Other knives   Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:19 pm

I carry the Pendleton Hunter also from Cold STeel and the mini Hunter.

I also just purchased a boot knife with a leeather sheath and 440 stainless steel clip from a member at another forum (GFO).

Wish i had kept the contact info as this knife is very high quality for what I paid. I think his company is Blue Steel.
Back to top Go down
Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Other knives   Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:56 am

During my travels over the Internet I found this site that has knives, great leather sheathes and lots of information about survival.
http://www.hedgehogleatherworks.com/
Bub
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Other knives   Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:03 pm

When I lived in Arkansas in the early 70s, I became good friends with Jimmy Lile. The only sheath hunting knife I have now is one of his #7s.

Another website to check out is A.T. Barr's, a former pipe smoker and contributor on the old Knox Board. His website: A.T. Barr's knives

For anyone interested in custom knives, I highly recommend going to the annual Atlanta Blade show usually held in late May or early June.
Atlanta Blade Show

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck

Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Other knives   Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:58 pm

This is an interesting opinion on gun ownership.........
http://www.customknives.com/TenGoodReasonsToBanGuns.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LtMac

Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Other knives   Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:59 pm

I have 4 sheath knives that my dad has hand made for me. I wish I could post pictures but I don't have the capability right now. Three have wooden handles and one has a deer antler handle. They look as good as any I've ever seen for sale. The blades were cut and shaped from a lawnmower blade and then honed to a razor edge and are very highly polished. The wooden handles are also very highly polished with nice grain. The extra thick leather sheath for each one was hand cut, sewn, and dyed by him also. My brother has four and my dad kept four for himself. I am very proud of them.

LtMac
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Other knives
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1