HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

New Feature!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: New Feature!   Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:33 pm

Friends and foes...

We just enabled a new feature that allows you ignore users that you don't wish to communicate. If you click on Profile then Friends and foes you can start adding people to your friends or foes categories.

Your friends list will just make it easier to do things like PM your buddies.

Your foes list will actually block all of their posts from your view. When they make a post you will see the following instead:

This post was made by User who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

It was requested a while back that something like this be implemented so we hope you all find it useful. Oh yeah and this doesn't mean I changed my mind about running the board... I'm just doing some last minute stuff before turning over the keys. Laughing

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
glpease
Dark Lord

Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: New Feature!   Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:16 pm

jhuggett wrote:
Friends and foes...

We just enabled a new feature that allows you ignore users that you don't wish to communicate. If you click on Profile then Friends and foes you can start adding people to your friends or foes categories.

Your friends list will just make it easier to do things like PM your buddies.

Your foes list will actually block all of their posts from your view. When they make a post you will see the following instead:

This post was made by User who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

It was requested a while back that something like this be implemented so we hope you all find it useful. Oh yeah and this doesn't mean I changed my mind about running the board... I'm just doing some last minute stuff before turning over the keys. Laughing

I put myself on my foes list, so I never have to see what I write again. Thanks for this wonderful feature, J. I'll now have to argue with myself in the privacy of my own closet, and spare the rest of you from the dialectic monologues that often ensue...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.glpease.com
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: New Feature!   Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:23 pm

That is a great feature Jason. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: New Feature!   Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:57 pm

Hey! That could be how we set our ranks! He who has the most people ignoring him gets the highest rank Very Happy

thomas james
Italian Stallion

PostSubject: Re: New Feature!   Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:30 pm

Who said that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New Feature!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1