HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Secret Santa 09 II: Reindeers Revenge.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Secret Santa 09 II: Reindeers Revenge.   Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:35 am

No, its not time yet, but its close enough to be thinking about it....

For those of you new here its a tradition carried over from the old Knox Cigar Board (sadly off the air now) that was deemed worthy of re-establishing here at BoB...
it has a long history of displaying generosity and showing member kinsmanship...

Here's the thread from last year... As usual it was a blast...

http://www.brothersofbriar.com/the-round-table-f12/bob-secret-santa-09-t2817.htm?highlight=secret+santa

Your wondering about the name huh? Well last year Santa musta been drinking eggnog a bit early... Seems he totally screwed up what year it was.. The fellows here being kind and loving to the ancient elf decided not to say anything... So here it is almost a year later and I hear Santa say "huh? WTF?, hey PB, you screwed this up last year"

Not one to be bullied I retorted "listen hear ya fat bastage, I just scribble down what you tell me to say, your being to drunk to know what year it is aint my problem, and besides you could get up off your lazy arse and post this crap yourself if your that concerned."

" I pay you well enough, you need to pay more attention" he says..

"Two half eaten cookies and some curdled milk is hardly what I'd call a hefty salary fatboy" I screamed at him (I don't normally scream at Santa, but he's starting his crap before I even have coffee)

"Yeah, but what about the Red Rider BB gun" he replys..

""That was a movie retard" I'm bout to smack him, I swear...

"Oh, yeah, that's right, well anyway, how we gonna fix this?" Santa asks...

(Now I'd like to pause the conversation here, you guys see that crap? When he thought I was in the wrong he goes off, now I show him he's in the wrong and suddenly its a 'WE' problem)

So I says "Easy, will just tack a 2 and a subtitle on it"

"No that will never work, how bout we just leave it alone, you know like the car makers" he counter offers..

"No Santa that just confuses the crap outta people"

After a few minutes whisker scratching he springs to his feet and yells "I've got it, we'll put a II on the end of it with a snazzy subtitle, they'll love it"

Shaking my head, it's all I can do to mumble "Brilliant sir, I'll get right on it.".. I swear one of these days I'm gonna accidentally forget a cotter pin or two on that sleigh harness.. Grumpy ole codg thinks he's irreplaceable to the operation, obviously he's to drunk to realize there's about 80,000 hopefuls each year just waiting to fill his spot...and they aint even in the Union, much less all the time whining about benefits,pay scale, and uniforms...

Last edited by Carlos on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:56 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spell check is a maaavelus thing.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pipetongue1
Tobacco Hoarder At Large

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 09 II: Reindeers Revenge.   Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:51 am

Somebody left the doors opened!! Very Happy tongue Ken
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 09 II: Reindeers Revenge.   Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:46 am

puros_bran wrote:
Now I'd like to pause the conversation here, you guys see that crap? When he thought I was in the wrong he goes off, now I show him he's in the wroung and suddenly its a 'WE' problem...
Sounds like my boss.
Back to top Go down
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 09 II: Reindeers Revenge.   Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:56 pm

Laughing

Can't wait, it's always so much fun. Quite humbling how generous people are.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 09 II: Reindeers Revenge.   Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:22 pm

By the time anyone noticed it was too late to fix it under edit. Laughing

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 09 II: Reindeers Revenge.   Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Looking forward to the new edition!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Benjamin Button

Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 09 II: Reindeers Revenge.   Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:58 am

I wouldn't mind gettin' in on this this year! Last year I got a beaut of pipe from my gal, but chances are this year will bring no pipe stuff as I haven't asked her for anything and we've been trying to save for our house.

I always wish I had someone to buy for locally (a smoking buddy per se) but I do not. So what better than my brothers here. Very Happy

Looking forward to this starting up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 09 II: Reindeers Revenge.   Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:08 am

Sitting on my hands here....

Is Sept 21 to early to start?.... Man I might be worse than the retailers, wanting to start Christmas in Sept.....

I feel like I need to write:

"I will not start SS until late Oct" 500 times...

On my list of people to pressure this year...
Texas Outlaw.. He's grumpy and clearly needs some cheer Very Happy

Winslow... He smiles a lot, he needs to share that. Very Happy

The Canadians....finally, we have enough of 'em to run a 'North of the Border' sub-Secret Santa...

Just another month or so....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 09 II: Reindeers Revenge.   Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:44 am

That was fun reading back through last year's thread!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 09 II: Reindeers Revenge.   Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:18 pm

What's this, Santa is warming up his sleigh?? santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 09 II: Reindeers Revenge.   Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:48 pm

A lb and a pipe!

That's all I'm saying Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 09 II: Reindeers Revenge.   Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:01 pm

Sign-ups this year will occur between Oct 28-Nov 7.

That gives you guys better than a months notice that we are going to have Secret Santa this year...

You guys have been posting a lot in the 'What tobacco have you bought'... The PAD & TAD area...etc etc etc.....
I expect a good turn out this year, we have more members than ever and despite the economic down turn we seem to be spending as much as ever on the hobby... No excuses ya bunch a bozo's.. I want to see at least 44 people participate this year.. (Sounds like a large number but its only 5% of the members.)

Start saving some coin.. Its almost time..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 09 II: Reindeers Revenge.   Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:24 am

Be sure to check the main thread in the Round Table Forum! It's Stickyed at the top. Very Happy

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Secret Santa 09 II: Reindeers Revenge.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1