HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Secret Santa 2009 II.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:39 am

Way to go Santa Claus santa
and his reindeers rendeer

Remember this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWGBeADI_8E
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:35 am

You Santas are Unbelievable this year,,,putting everyone in the holiday spirit,,,great boxes guys,,,

and grinchy PB showing his true colors,,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aaronbtxnc

Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:12 pm

[quote="puros_bran"]Very Happy you really aint 'posed to call Santa out....

But since you did...

quote]

Hey, I was just speculating, but now you've confirmed what I thought (and I figured it was okay since you posted the contents anyhow). Thanks a ton, I realized I'd forgotten to say thank you when I was going to bed last night, so again, THANK YOU! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/asbpipes
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:31 pm

On that note, let et me list the full contents of Santa's box I got earlier this week....

PS Bullseye
SG Navy Flake
SG FVF
PS Luxury Navy Flake
Perretis Somerset Flake (been wanting to try this one pretty bad)
G&H Rum Flake,Curley Cut,Dark Flake aro, Bob's Chocolate,Happy Bogie, and Dark Birdseye. (the Birdseye, Curley Cut, and Happy Bogie are all big time 'been wanting to try' ) The kicker? Its all old... hell the Curley Cut is from 2000.. Can't beat that with a stick...

You'd think that was enough? Way overboard Santa, PB wasnt that good? Youre right.. But Santa is a rockin ole dude and he tossed in PCCA Arcade,Beacon, and Jubilee.. The actual PCCA stuff, not McC's recent versions... Enough???? Nope.. How bout some Solani Aged Burley Flake, Another on I've wanted in a bad way but haven't bought... Done? Nope, one of my favorites Peterson Irish Flake.. I try to keep a few tins on hand, Santa saved me some money on something I really enjoy.... And he musta looked at my rack while he was here... he put some pipe wipes in there too... Ok, OK Santa I can take a hint Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thank you so much Bro Santa, you have once again proven your generosity is beyond measure.

And the little box from Butthead ,unassigned, hit a couple other guys too, Santa.. A tin of that nasty, barely smokable, foul,wretched GL Pease Renaissance.. yuck! And a tin of Bufflehead Goldeneye Decoy.. I hope its better than that other crap and he had the nerve to tell me I had to open them and enjoy them THIS Holiday season, even included matches to fire them up with.. Thank you my friend, it is appreciated.. and you know me to well, I woulda put them in a crate and not smoked them, I have trouble with stuff like this, I love it but at the same time feel like I'm cheating out some guy down the road from getting to smoke an unavailable blend... But its got to wait... I am smoking some of this Somerset Flake first... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:34 pm

And now that I'm home and can see pics... Jeremy. I am envious, that is one bad mofo of a pipe.. Kudos on Santa for that one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:44 pm

Alright guys I F'd up this morning. Had my stuff ready to go, just needed to put it in a box and mail it off. Was so happy I was going to make the deadline and then I left it all on my kitchen table! Had to much crap on my mind this morning and wasn't thinking about the important stuff. IT WILL GO OUT TOMORROW!

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Benjamin Button

Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:07 pm

Mine as well should be out tomorrow...a day past deadline, but I ran into a snag getting the stuff I wanted to go in it, so plan B came into effect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:02 pm

Santa was in town today! santa

I will do a pic later, forgot to bring a camera down to the cellar.

1 Kirk Bosi Limited Edition partial rusticated bent pipe. Almost identical in shape to a Bosi cherrywood pipe I have. Kirk makes a good smoker.

8ounces of Stonehaven. Guys have been crying on all the forums about how hard this has been to get.

8ounces of C&D Bailey's Front Porch from 2007. The tin has just a bit of swelling going on. Very nice.

2ounces of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe.

Santa hit the mark right on for me. He knows I love that toasty taste I find in many of the Dunhill blends. That I like a bit of strength. That I also like burly blends. And I like blends that remind me of what the uncles smoked when I was a kid. Santa also gave up one of his best smokers in his Bosi. A super nice gesture. Thanks Santa! santa

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:10 pm

Damn! Here I was feeling good about what I was sending.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:48 pm

Santa Rocks... Now if we could just get him separated from this lousy holiday... santa santa santa

Actually he is, in this community Santa strikes all year long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:20 pm

Box #2 is up, up, and away!!!!!
Still waiting for the old fat guy to slide down my chimney!!!! santa
I CAN'T WAIT !!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:38 am

As I have stated (and want to reiterate so people don't think I was cheating and having EVERYTHING mailed to me, like I've threatened in years past) Due to some confusion and some shuffling I ended up with two Santa's.. It was a joy to try and figure out what two brothers would enjoy..

Anyway.. my other Santa's box showed up today... I'm puffing away, watching 'America's Scariest place 2' , drinkin a bit of tea.. and a horn starts blowing. Its the mail lady...

I got a Steve B Va Elite Sampler... WAY COOL! Unlike alot of guys I smoke alot more Va's in the winter than I do in the summer... So this stuff will go to the bigtruck for immediate use when I head out Monday.
Rolando's Own, Anniversary Kake (YES!!!!!!!! ) Marble Kake (Another YES!!!!!! ) Virginia Spice, and AJ's VaPer
In addition I got some FVF, (a blend I've gifted several times but never got around to trying..) Some Pipecleaners (maybe Santa is telling me to clean the insides of my pipes after I polish them with Pipewipes from the other box? lol ) and some matches..

Santa oddly enough I've never tried any of these. I am tickled. The Anniversary & Marble Kake are two I have eyeballed at least two dozen times but never pulled the trigger because I usually do business elsewhere.. You da MAN! Thanks you.. Really I mean that, Thank You!

PB (grinning like an idiot again, ok, grinning like a bigger idiot than usual)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZombieWeinerDog

Registration date : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:46 am

I just received the last part today, will ship ASAP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pipey McPiperson

Registration date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:41 pm

Went out this morning! Finally got the particulars in order. Hopefully someone has a very happy Wednesday rendeer santa rendeer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happypipester

Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:02 pm

Package sent. A day late, but hopefully worth the wait Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Looks like that Santa feller is still busy. Doing good deeds for all the BoB's. santa

Pic as promised. Could not find the cable to the good camera, so the iPhone will have to do.

Thanks again Santa! santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pipetongue1
Tobacco Hoarder At Large

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:29 pm

Jesus H. Christos!! santa santa arrieved to-day!! santa Let me say with the exception of my foster son, The Dockster, nobody and I mean nobody, has been as kind to me in my pipe smoking life as youse guys and especially my Secret Santa!!! santa santa Thank you, Ken santa rendeer

A Cavachi Lovat/ Canadian 1C Rustic Brand New!!! Very Happy Shocked
8oz Peretti's Omega
8ozPeretti'sD- 9575
4oz Pride of Loch Lomand
and a NY Stankies hat Which I will not be able to wear!!! What a Face What a Face

Thank You SS so very much, I am humbled by your genorosity! And to pb for running the SS again this year, Thank You, BTW the newspaper in the box came from the Syracuse area, I''l be on the lookout, Ken. tongue santa
Pacem Pacem My Friends! tongue rendeer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:45 pm

This is NOT getting old: Santa YOU DA MAN!!!!!! Holy Cow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeremyt

Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:50 pm

Way to go Santa !!! cheers santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZombieWeinerDog

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:07 pm

I am blown away by the generosity.

Lets see.

1. 100g. W O Larsen Collector's

2. 1 oz Hillman Blend

3. 1/2 oz Club Blend

4. W O Larsen 1864 Perfect Mixture

5. W O Larsen Signature Vintage Mixture

6. 1 Ib Mystery aromatic (i smell Chocolate)

7. 50g Blend 127 Solani

8. 2 oz cascade cavendish/ dutch treat blend

9. 50g Erinmore Flake

10. 1.5 oz Apple

11. A beautiful Pipe stand.

12. A Freehand style (i think) Pipe. Marked ASB on it. (i dont know what kind this is, i am a big noob)

13. A nice jar

I will try to post pics soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:12 pm

Way to go Santa...

ASB Pipes are handmade by a board member here...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZombieWeinerDog

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:13 pm

WHO? i want to know so i can tell them how awesome it looks.

I just read the note. This pipe looks awesome. The pipe stand is amazing also.
I can't thank you enough for what you sent me. BTW the massive bag of aromatic smells like chocolate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:10 pm

Well, I guess I wasn't as bad this year as I thought, as Santa bombed me big time.
A box full of a dozen individually gift wrapped presents arrived yesterday. Were a patient sort, I could have my own 12 days of Christmas and open one a dayÖÖÖÖ but that ainít going to happen!

A pound of wonderful coffee (and I go through the coffee). A nice English Plum Pudding. It wouldnít be Christmas without it, and Iíve got a great home-made Brandy Custard sauce recipe that I havenít made in a few years that will top it off nicely. One of the Rumpole series of books that I havenít read yet, (Santa must have noticed that I call my wife She Who Must Be Obeyed, which I got from Rumpole).

And then we get to the tobacco and pipe. Two ounces each of four different Boswall blends. Iíve been reading so much about them recently and Iíve wanted to try them for some time now. They smell wonderful. Also, tins of Tordenskjold Pibetobak Virginia Slices and Gordon Pym to set aside for later. Two bundles of pipe cleaners, and to top it off, a really sweet Savinelli Pisa pipe. It looks like a short Prince and should be a great smoker. The bowl looks rather wide and shallow, which is what I prefer for flakes (the majority of what I smoke). And most important, a very touching and sincere Christmas card; which wishing others a good year and safe season is the best gift we can give.

Thanks Santa. Iím not absolutely positive on his identity, (especially without a pouch of Gatlin burley as the dead giveaway), but Iím pretty sure I know. Great gifts and kind thoughts.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2009 II.   Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:03 am

Good job Santa! santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark